Hilda has escaped!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by easton coop, May 25, 2010.

1. easton coop

easton coop Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2010
    Winchester UK
    one of our silkie mutts have escaped from the pen this morning. I was trying to get her into a cage as she is broody and confusing the other hens! in her bid she shot past me and exited the door!! flew over the hedgerow and landed in the rape seed field which is quite vast. We looked for her for about an hour with no luck. I do hope she will come home tonight to roost, although she is a pain we are missing her already! [​IMG] and yes i will clip the other hens wings (it was on the 'to do' list)

2. easton coop

easton coop Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2010
    Winchester UK
    we have her! just about... after trying to catch her for most the day in next door garden, we decided to leave her until the sun set so that she would be calmer. however a dog (jack Russell) made it's way in and chased her [​IMG] she flew into the window, lost some fevers and hid in the car port. there was a little bit of blood on her leg, but not much. we immediately placed her in a cat box to give her some quiet time. I will check on her in the morning and try to see if there has been any damage [​IMG] I don't think the dog got her, but she was shaken up!

hopefully she will be OK and maybe out of her broody stage! It was scary a scary time!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by