Hillarious- My Turken Chicks Have My Husband Perplexed......

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by sweeterdeeter42, Apr 7, 2011.

1. sweeterdeeter42

sweeterdeeter42 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2011
    Northern Illinois
    So I have a Rubbermaid container with 5 Turken chicks in my living room. I am looking at them with my husband a few minutes ago and I point at the big one who's comb is starting to pink and I say to my husband, "I think that one is a rooster." He looks at me puzzled and says "How can it be a rooster, I thought it was a Turken?" So I ask him what he thinks a rooster is, and he says a male chicken. (I thought maybe he thought a rooster was a breed of chicken.) So then I say,"well what do you think a Turken is?" And he says "Isn't it half chicken half turkey? Why else would they call it a Turken?" Needless to say, it is a good thing that I didn't have to pee, because I would have peed my pants laughing.

2. orientphoenix

orientphoenix Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2011
    that's funny, my mom knew that mines were a chickens but she could not pronounce the names of the breed so she calls it tongan chicken instead of turken

3. suzeqf

suzeqf Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2011
    that's what they think around here too and if they know the difference they call them turkey chickens because they don't know what they really are

4. ThinkingChickens

ThinkingChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2011
    LOL, this is SO funny! It reminds me of my husband who thought a pony was a baby horse. He thought ponies grew up to be horses. I'm like, honey, it's a totally different breed. They don't grow up. He's 32 years old. LMAO!

5. The Turken Lady

The Turken Lady Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] LOL! That's too funny! When I first got my turkens,I thought that they were baby vultures that my mom found on the side of the road. [​IMG] When my mom said no,and said they were turkens,I was like : Where did you get a turkey crossed with a chicken?! [​IMG]

6. terrilhb

terrilhb Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2010
    Georgia
    [​IMG] Thanks for the laugh. That was hilarious. Love it

7. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    [​IMG]

8. SilverPhoenix

SilverPhoenix Bantam Fanatic

Dec 15, 2009
    Penn Valley, CA
    [​IMG] I guess it's an easy mistake to make, with a breed name like that! Still, that is hilarious. What a funny thing to be confused about! [​IMG]

9. crazygoatlady915

crazygoatlady915 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2011
    Idaho
    Wait. I feel so stupid asking this, But what the crow is a turken? I thought it was a turkey/chicken too! [​IMG]

10. Captain Carrot

Captain Carrot Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2011
    Austria
    Quote:A breed, also know as naked necks.

Both the Turken and the pony comments had me laughing

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by