1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hillbilly Garbage Disposal

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by LilRalphieRoosmama, Aug 31, 2008.

1. LilRalphieRoosmama

LilRalphieRoosmama Officially Quacked

Oct 15, 2007
    Elyria, OH
    My DBF took these pics while cleaning out the fridge one day and emailed it to me. I forwarded it to friends and family but of course they didn't appreciate the humor! No offense intended - just thought it was funny and wanted to share!

4 steps for the operation of the hillbilly garbage disposal........

1) Clean out fridge of old food.....

[​IMG]

2) open disposal and toss the garbage......

[​IMG]

3) turn on disposal to "LOW"....

[​IMG]

4) if garbage takes too long to dispose then turn on to "HIGH"......

[​IMG]

2. chicken_angler

chicken_angler Coop Constructist

Jun 23, 2008
    a house
    LOL [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. goldensunriseranch

goldensunriseranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2007
    Mays Landing NJ
    Very hilarious!!! I was SO expecting to see a goat and just sighed since goats are the last critter I'd feed my scraps too. Rumens can be just too darn touchy. My chickens though everything is fair game! Love the pics, got my first chuckle for the day!!
    I even fed mine the leftover chicken & dumplings and amazingly the hens dove in going straight for the pieces of chicken. I really thought I'd find all the dumplings and veggies gone and the chicken left there. The cannibals! [​IMG]

4. suenrob

suenrob Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2008
    Ft. Myers, FL
    Very cute!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the laugh [​IMG]

5. smom1976

smom1976 too many projects too little time!

May 2, 2008
    Pensacola, FL
    Man I might need to call in a technician .. I have too many steps.. my disposal requires walking??? [​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. goldensunriseranch

goldensunriseranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2007
    Mays Landing NJ
    Yeah we must have the same older model with the walking required. Mine though has a super duper high mode!

7. max13077

max13077 Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:If you were a pruebred redneck, you'd just throw it on the steps! [​IMG] I do [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 31, 2008
  8. picklespickles

picklespickles Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2007
    this is fabulous. i will definitely be stealing your idea and making jokes to friends about it. because it's so true. this morning, mine got hashbrowns that got left out over night by accident, leftover veggies, leftover crackers and potatos that were too old for me but just right for a chicken/goat/duck/geese palate. it looks like a back up of freeway traffic when they see the treat bucket coming to the window.

9. LilRalphieRoosmama

LilRalphieRoosmama Officially Quacked

Oct 15, 2007
    Elyria, OH
    See?? I knew all of you would appreciate this!

Really, though, that's how we get them to pretty much stay in the yard - we designated that one area to throw their treats, whether it goes out the window or while we're out there. No matter where they are, if something falls in that spot, THEY ARE SO THERE!!!

I'm glad you enjoyed it [​IMG]

10. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    I use the super fast model...

42 chickens, everything is disposed of in under 10 seconds!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by