Hillsboro, OR - Combined forces to buy chicks/ bantam chicks? Let's do it.

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by fredylee, Aug 22, 2014.

1. fredylee

fredylee New Egg

Aug 19, 2014
    I am planning/going to place online order of day old chicks. It does not look like I found any local farmer/hatchery around that sells the bantam chicks that I am looking for.

I only need two live chicks one Bantam Silkie and one white sussex Bantam for my kids. Since, I am going to order a lot, I am looking to share the cost with other people. I need two people with commitment for at least 5 bantam chicks. You will get a minimum of 3 live chicks. if all goes well, you will get 5 live chicks. Once I placed the order, they should arrive within 1 business days. I am planning to place the order on Monday when I got enough commitment.

We will split the cost evenly. Your portion of chicks ordered cost + shipping divided by your portion of chicks.

PM me if you are interested. let's join forces. :)

2. iwiw60

iwiw60 Overrun With Chickens

Jan 27, 2014
    Central Oregon
    Have you looked on Craigs List?

3. fredylee

fredylee New Egg

Aug 19, 2014
    Already posted at Craigslist. I am hoping it caught on. Otherwise, I will have to order 15 little chicks.

Our first chicken, the BO, seems to survive well with us. What are the likelihood of young chicks dying on regular person care? Should we get all 15, and gave away some when they seem to survive 2 or 3 months?

We had to let go of our 2 months old Buff Orpington to a fellow chicken lover because our coop is not done yet, and we got wild cats lurking around our free range. The kids are quite devastated. I think Bantam will fit our smaller yard better. Is bantam chicken really 1/4 of the size of regular chicken?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by