Hillybilly Neighbors

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by thekid, Dec 25, 2011.

1. thekid

thekid Chillin' With My Peeps

Our Hillybilly neighbors had atleast 785 smelly hound dogs

2. roxyblue

roxyblue Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2011
    pittsburgh, PA
    ???!!!!
    How much space do they have!
    My freind lives on a road that has a family with a barn full of sick, flea soaked dogs that they never fix. There are always puppys in that barn. Even worse the poor dogs never see sunlight or step on grass in their life. And often times the dead dogs aren't removed for months. It's sooooo sad.

3. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    Exaggerating much??? [​IMG]

4. thekid

thekid Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Have you ever watched the movie "A Christmas Story"?

5. LegginMF12

LegginMF12 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2011
    Yucca Valley
    My hillbilly friend ( not my neighbor anymore) Is one of the greatest guys I know. He lives in a stone house that has wooden slats for a floor. You can see the ground through them. Every spring his bathroom is over run with the most beautiful emerald, gold and grass green frogs. They live in the shower and occasionally will startle you if you go tinkle cuz one of them fell in the toilet. It is not uncommon to find a chicken or goat cruising the house and a pot belly pig sleeping on the steps. There is a big critter living in the attic/crawl space. He hasn't bothered to see what it is saying " it hasn't hurt no one, leave it alone". This is the type of house you go to and will not be surprised to find a sick calf in the bed or a foal laying next to the wood burning stove. We would go to his house for 3 day long bar-b-q's and pick the pig or goat that was going to be put on the spit. If you need it and he has it he will give it to you! Thank You Mark for all of the great memories!

6. duck&chickencrazy

duck&chickencrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2008
    Indiana
    Lol good movie!!!

"You'll shoot your eye out!"
    Lol [​IMG]

7. mothernaturesdaughter

mothernaturesdaughter Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2009
    Williamsport
    When you see animals being neglected such as flea infested and poorly kept, it is an issue for the spca or the police to take care of. It is all our OUR responsibility to make sure they are notified or we may as well be the the abuser, worse because we know better. And when they do it a 2nd and 3rd time you must keep calling. Don't be the bad guy save those poor animals.

8. eenie114

eenie114 Completly Hopeless

Quote:He was making a reference to a movie. [​IMG]

9. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Quote:Are you sure you didn't lose track and count the same one 547 times?

10. rancher hicks

rancher hicks Chicken Obsessed

Feb 28, 2009
    Syracuse, NY
    I've never quite understood the term Hillbilly. How do you know they are Hillbilly's? How close do you get to know those hound dogs are smelly? You said the "had" 785 smelly hound dogs. How many do they have now? How many Hillbilly's are there? Can you post any pics of the Hillbilly's?

You know that might be a good Title for a book. "Hillybilly Neighbors and their 785 Smelly Hounddogs"

I think you should get writing, [​IMG]

Rancher

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by