hinkjc--- I got eggs

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by beekybuzzard, Jan 18, 2008.

1. beekybuzzard

beekybuzzard Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 21, 2007
    SC
    I just got back from the post office. Great job packing these eggs. 24 ordered and only 2 broken. It surely was not because of the packing, I don't think I've recieved any that were done better. Thanks again Jody I'll let you know when they start chirping. Have a blessed day. T C

2. johnnyjack

johnnyjack Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2007
    usa
    what kinda eggs you get.............johnny

3. beekybuzzard

Dec 21, 2007
    SC
    I got 12 EE, all were safe, and 12 Araucana, of which the post office killed 4 ( thought only 2 at first but I was wrong). Going in the bator in the morning.

4. johnnyjack

johnnyjack Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2007
    usa
    good luck. [​IMG]

5. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Beekybuzzard, sorry to hear of the fatalities. You can be assured the po will find a way to break something that has fragile written all over it. Please keep me posted on how they do.

It is a shame that all of the people who get them in great shape don't post, but send me a PM instead. It's starting to look like every batch has a break, which is truly not the case. Altho here lately, the PO is doing a good job of it. [​IMG] So depressing. I'd like to handle some of their personal packages like they handle ours. [​IMG]

Jody

6. bamagirl68

bamagirl68 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 3, 2007
    central alabama
    [​IMG] postal worker here. [​IMG] We do our best! (most of us anyway!)You'd be surprised at how some packages come in to us. I think alot get damaged inflight. But don't worry, I promise I'm not goin postal on ya!LOL!

Last edited: Jan 18, 2008
  7. hinkjc

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Sorry bamagirl - I certainly didn't mean all postal workers are careless, but it does get frustrating sometimes. For every 1 package damaged, 10 get there fine. I just wish there was an easier way. This is the reason most breeders won't even ship eggs, which I am seriously considering stopping myself. After all, it is my babies in those boxes (even tho they aren't growing yet). [​IMG]

Jody

8. bamagirl68

bamagirl68 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 3, 2007
    central alabama
    I was on pins and needles too [​IMG] til my new day old chicks arrived! and I peeped in and made sure all were fine!

Last edited: Jan 18, 2008
  9. beekybuzzard

Dec 21, 2007
    SC
    Definitely was not complaining here. I was very impressed with the care you took with the packing and labeling of these eggs. I don't know how it could have been better packaged. [​IMG]

10. hinkjc

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Aw beeky...that's so nice to hear..thank you. I knew you weren't complaining, but it just irritates me when they break my baby eggs. [​IMG]

Jody

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by