Hinkjc, the eggs are here!

luvzmybabz

Songster
12 Years
Oct 11, 2007
The eggs arrived today, only 1 fell victim to the USPS, so they will be sitting till I go to bed this evening then into the incubator. I think my husband may be coming over to the dark side I finally got up the gumption to tell him my plans to populate the state of Oklahoma with Chickens and he didn't even raise an eyebrow, just looked at me and said "I Love You", now I hope he was not having to remind himself of this.....but well he know I love my chickens so he does not want to give me too much grief. I was getting worried that I may have to have no hatches or a while but not too worried now.

Kasi

yippiechickie.gif
best of luck to you Kasi............
big_smile.png

well went to do a candling since the one egg had been smashed found 2 more that were cracked bizarre thing was they were not close to the smashed one they were at the other end of the carton and the smashed and 2 cracked were the brown ones. There are a couple with floating air sacs I am going to take a row out of my turner and set these ( I have figured out a way to make them the same height as the turner) where they do not turn for the first week, was it on this board that someone explained this? I can't remember sometimes things get cluttered in my brain when I am going 30 different directions.

Thanks for the update. It doesn't sound like they were too nice to a box marked Fragile, huh. Broken aircells is definitely poor handling. I am so glad I sent extras to help cover for the losses from the PO. Anyways, keep me posted on the results. I hope they do well aside from the shipping issues. Make sure to let them rest a while at room temperature before setting them. Good luck.

Jody

Back
Top Bottom