His-n-Hers hatching eggs!!! OH YEAH!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by luvmychicknkids, Sep 11, 2008.

1. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Alright, I have had some seriously bad luck with shipped eggs lately. Obviously the heat was an issue (and I should have had sense enough to wait) but the PO has been just BRUTAL, also. Anyway, had two shipments of eggs that my husband and I desperately want destroyed to the point I got no babies at all. [​IMG] Today, I got a new shipment from the seller (92Caddy on here) and he wouldn't even let me pay for them. I only paid the shipping. The number of eggs he sent is amazing!!! Here is a pic of his-n-hers. Mine are Turken (20 eggs), my hubby's are La Fleche (28 eggs).
    WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Toast n Jelly

Toast n Jelly Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2007
    St.Charles, QC
    Here's hoping that they all hatch!!
    That was very nice of Ed to send all those
    and it seems that the P.O. was kind to them. [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2008
  3. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    Oh, I am so glad you got them! That was awesome Ed! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] for a great hatch

Krista

4. luvmychicknkids

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Yes, Ed has been just amazing through this all!!!!! I was honestly afraid he was going to choke me instead of sell me more eggs and then he did this!!! He is just an amazingly nice guy!!!

Yeah, the box looked less abused and they even called me for pick-up this time. They KNOW they are supposed to, but almost never do. [​IMG]

LOL....I would be so happy to be totally overrun with these little sweeties!!!

5. Quail_Antwerp

Quail_Antwerp [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Mrs

Aug 16, 2008
    Ohio
    Congratulations!!

[​IMG] hoping they all hatch for you!! [​IMG]

6. panner123

panner123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2007
    Garden Valley, ca
    I do not hate anything, but the magnitude to which I dislike the P O is hard to express. They are the reason I will not have eggs shipped. If I can't pick them up I just do without.

7. luvmychicknkids

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    I 100% agree with your feelings on the P O. If there as any way to get what I want locally I would NEVER buy shipped eggs. Unfortunately there is not a lot of variety that I found here. [​IMG]

8. Melilem

Melilem Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2008
    Florida
    Well??? How did they do?

9. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Oh, that is sooo great! I'm so happy that you get to try again!! I had a few chicks die the other day, and I was just about ready to give up completely!! I hope these hatch for you!!! [​IMG]

10. luvmychicknkids

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    [​IMG] This was the miserably failed hatch. [​IMG] I just have no clue what is going on....I had babies with the tops of their heads missing (yes, their little brains completely exposed) no abdomens....all insides completely exposed. It was just horrible. Nightmare stuff. One baby hatched alive from what was marked as a Turken egg....but it had a fully feathered neck.

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by