Hisss It Must Be Breeding Season

Oregon Blues

Crowing
8 Years
Apr 14, 2011
Central Oregon
I can tell that breeding season has either started or will be starting soon.

My big blue gander hissed at me today when I went in to feed and water. I asked him what he thought he was doing and he looked embarrassed. Can't fight those hormones, though. He's thinking about nesting. 20 degrees, snow coming out of the sky sideways and all.

I can tell that breeding season has either started or will be starting soon.

My big blue gander hissed at me today when I went in to feed and water. I asked him what he thought he was doing and he looked embarrassed. Can't fight those hormones, though. He's thinking about nesting. 20 degrees, snow coming out of the sky sideways and all.

lau.gif
I guess when the hormones kick in it doesn't matter what kind of weather is going on.

I miss that threatening hissing sound from my gander.
hmm.png
And death threating look and bites I'd get if I'd walk into their pen to fill up their feeder whenever the female was nesting... Ahh memories! :eek:)

my Grey smooth breasted sebbie gander i caught doing his business on my other white smooth breasted sebbie that was suppose to be a gander does that mean my white sebbie is a female or do the males do that as a Dominic thing? he is also doing a lot of hissing at me to he also charges me when i pick his girl up so i put my one arm out and walk at him and say that i am boss and he backs off
lau.gif

Ah yes!

Miss Lydia - where would we be without the hiss of the male????

Gordon - my gay male gander hisses at me constantly - I have noticed that despite the freezing weather conditions outside my ganders are getting amorous - so are my young muscovy boys and girls - i took some pics. today - will get them posted very soon!

Luckily my other half has not yet started to hiss at me.... it is not that warm yet! He is in his growling stage.... - pre - hissing!

Suzie

p.s. I'm developing a headache just in case he starts hissing..........!!!
hide.gif

Back
Top Bottom