Hisssssss

PurpleWiggleButt

Songster
Apr 26, 2021
Jellico, TN
I heard one of my babies hiss for the first time.
They're just 2 weeks old today and their already protecting the flock (including me). :woot that's one of the reasons I got them was to alert me of interlopers
But my cat and dog were just to interested in us. :eek:
Give em 2 more weeks and we'll see who's gonna be interested in who! :lau

Odd thing is I've been wondering if one was a boy. Also if there's an age difference? 2 were alerted but didn't make a sound. Could that behavior be male?
I bought 3 females and if one is male I'm supposed to let BYC know, but what will they do? Take him back??? I could never split them up now, they're my feather-baby's :hit

Males and females both hiss, it’s a fear/intimidation responce. When geese are suspicious or scared they’ll either be as quiet as possible to not draw attention towards themselves regardless of gender or hiss as a mock threat, basically it’s a bluff to make whatever possibly think they’re venomous.

Males and females both hiss, it’s a fear/intimidation responce. When geese are suspicious or scared they’ll either be as quiet as possible to not draw attention towards themselves regardless of gender or hiss as a mock threat, basically it’s a bluff to make whatever possibly think they’re venomous.
It sure works!:lau
The cat had the fear of God put in him.
The dog wants to be part of the flock so she lays down and let's them sniff her while I pet her. When theres a hiss she slowly gets up and walks away. It'll take time but I think it'll work. The cat I think, will just be happy to eat the rodents

It's funny seeing how many people are scared of geese when they hiss but after owning them I know a goose is like that one friend we all have on a night out "I could take that guy in a fight" but then when it actually comes to it he'll come up with some excuse not to - All talk, no action.

It's funny seeing how many people are scared of geese when they hiss but after owning them I know a goose is like that one friend we all have on a night out "I could take that guy in a fight" but then when it actually comes to it he'll come up with some excuse not to - All talk, no action.
Hearing that big bad hiss coming out of that little fluffball will stick with me forever

Back
Top Bottom