Hit me with the bad news - 8 weeks old

MamaBelle5

Songster
Jun 23, 2020
Pennsylvania
Okay, so one of our hatchlings I am 100% sure is a cockerel. He's not pictured here. But these two, I'm questionable on. Well, questionable isn't quite the right word, hopeful, maybe?

Camilla - I'm fairly sure she is a Cameron because (and I don't know if you can see it in the picture or not), she's got some wattles growing in. Her comb is impressively large, but still relatively dull in color. She's the barred rock in the picture. I apologize for the quality of the pictures, I didn't have my phone on me and asked my husband to take them.

PXL_20210512_215901929.MP.jpg

Next is Oreo. You can see her tail and back in the above photo. Her comb is pretty bright, but no where near as bright as the one I am sure is a cockerel. I'm very hopeful that she is indeed a she, but am sadly ready to hear otherwise.

PXL_20210512_215849325.jpg

Thank you!

Okay, so one of our hatchlings I am 100% sure is a cockerel. He's not pictured here. But these two, I'm questionable on. Well, questionable isn't quite the right word, hopeful, maybe?

Camilla - I'm fairly sure she is a Cameron because (and I don't know if you can see it in the picture or not), she's got some wattles growing in. Her comb is impressively large, but still relatively dull in color. She's the barred rock in the picture. I apologize for the quality of the pictures, I didn't have my phone on me and asked my husband to take them.

View attachment 2666993

Next is Oreo. You can see her tail and back in the above photo. Her comb is pretty bright, but no where near as bright as the one I am sure is a cockerel. I'm very hopeful that she is indeed a she, but am sadly ready to hear otherwise.

View attachment 2666996

Thank you!
Both look like cockerels. Can you keep them?

Both look like cockerels. Can you keep them?
No, unfortunately. We have a rooster, and a cockerel we got when we got 4 "pullets", he was mixed in. Plus another one of our hatchlings is a cockerel and now these two.

And OF COURSE, my two daughters who picked out two of our hatchlings that are turning out to be cockerels are the daughters who picked out two cockerels originally. I hate having to keep giving their birds away :hit

Back
Top Bottom