Hiya! I'm Hailey.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by hbraynard, Feb 7, 2015.

1. hbraynard

hbraynard New Egg

Feb 7, 2015
    Coquille, Oregon
    Seeing as I am typing up a post(thread?) in New Member Introductions, i'm going to tell you a bit about myself.
    -I do not currently have chickens (but I am getting some Monday- more on that later) but Me and my parents have raised chickens (mainly RIR's) through the years, so we know a few things.
    -Monday I will be going to pick up 3 Buff Wyandotte chicks which have been sexed and are female.I am hoping to start a thread on those later tonight as I adjust to the comminity, and take some tips on setting up for them. This will be the first time raising chicks with 100% my own care. (I will be showing them in 4H)
    -Previously in my life I have owned a pony, several horses, donkeys, around 100 chickens (over time, shared with my parents) cats, fish, guinea hens (shared with my parents), and many many more.
    If anyone has questions about me feel free to ask. And keep an eye out for my future thread on the Wyandotte chicks- i'm sure i'll have plenty of questions, and I will keep everyone updated on how they are doing.
    I'm very excited to meet new people, learn new things, and become apart of the BYC family!

2. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Hi Hailey, nice to meet you. Would love to see pictures of your new girls when you pick them up Monday. Hope you enjoy Backyard chickens as much as we do. [​IMG]

3. Americano Blue

Americano Blue Mush on!

Apr 14, 2014
    Hello Spring
    My Coop
    Hi!! Welcome to BYC!!!!

4. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Welcome to BYC, Hailey. Glad you decided to our flock. In my personal opinion, Wyandottes are preferable to RIRs. They may not lay quite as heavy as they RIRs, but they are usually friendlier and more gentle than RIRs (of course there are always exceptions). Also, their rose combs are not subject to frost bite like the single combs of the RIRs. I think you will be happy with your Wyandottes. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your Wyandottes.

5. ChickyChickens

ChickyChickens Chickening Around

May 24, 2014
    BYC? Epic <3
    My Coop
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Welcome to BYC!!! There are loads of members on here…so if you have ANY questions…just ASK!!!

Hope you have loads of fun and all your answers answered here on BYC the BEST CHICKEN KEEPING FORUM on EARTH!!

[​IMG][​IMG]

6. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome Hailey

Glad you could join the flock! Wishing you the very best of luck with your new wyandotte chicks on Monday. I love raising chicks its a fantastic experience and very rewarding as you watch them grow and develop their own personalities. Here is a nice section of the learning centre on raising chicks https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/hatching-eggs-and-raising-chicks

Enjoy BYC :frow

7. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us!

8. 6275Smith

6275Smith Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome, Hailey! [​IMG]

9. birdman55

birdman55 Chillin' With My Peeps