1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hiya

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by britbrit88, Mar 10, 2017.

1. britbrit88

britbrit88 Just Hatched

Mar 10, 2017
    Jacksonville Florida
    Hiya my names Brit new here. I have three lil chickens... Though I don't know what they are lol. [​IMG]

2. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
  3. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under Brit [​IMG] Welcome!

It is hard to see your little one in that picture but she looks frizzled to me which is not a breed but a feather characteristic. Lots of breeds come in the frizzled variety [​IMG]

If you post some pics on the Breed & Gender Forum, you should get some responses and opinions as to breed or mix of breeds: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/15/what-breed-or-gender-is-this

You might want to also pop in and say hello on your local thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you ‘Find your State’s thread.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out [​IMG]

Edited to Add: Tee hee N F C beat me to it with link.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
  4. KikisGirls

KikisGirls Read....MORE Premium Member

Jul 31, 2015
    Houston, TX
    Hi there Brit!
    Welcome to BYC and the wonderful world of chicken math!

Cute little frizzle one you got there.

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

6. britbrit88

britbrit88 Just Hatched

Mar 10, 2017
    Jacksonville Florida
    Two of the three are frizzles one is smooth. They are small someone had said Cochin's??? This is the smooth one I have a black frizzles to but she's a lil peckish and uppity lol

[​IMG]

7. KikisGirls

Jul 31, 2015
    Houston, TX
    Could they be bantams?

8. britbrit88

britbrit88 Just Hatched

Mar 10, 2017
    Jacksonville Florida
    Maybe lol first time I've ever been around them my hubby is from TN I'm from FL so I thought y not now I have three and one will even lay on her back in my arms or lap!

9. KikisGirls

Jul 31, 2015
    Houston, TX
  10. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, britbrit88, and [​IMG]! Pleased you joined our community!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by