Hiya

disastervibe

In the Brooder
Jul 20, 2021
I'm based in Hawaii, and have a rescue rooster named Cappuccino. I volunteer at a farm animal sanctuary where many rescued chickens are kept (mostly survivors of illegal chicken fighting) and have provided supportive care and nursed back to health a number of chickens. Where I live there are many feral chickens, and I do my best to keep an eye out for the feral flock that lives in my area (isolating and caring for them if they come down with a noticeable disease or injury), protecting them from people looking for chickens to grab up and use in fighting, etc. I do NOT feed the feral chickens (unless I've placed them in isolation) because it would draw too many birds to the area and promote the spread of disease, but I do provide clean, fresh drinking water sources that I add apple cider vinegar to.

I've been doing this for less than a year, but it's been a crash course in chicken care, moving to this specific neighbourhood lol. They're not my chickens (except Cappuccino), but if something happens in my own (literal) backyard to them, I'm not going to just watch them suffer for no reason. I've referred to this site without creating an account many times, so I figured I ought to finally sign up, even though I'm not the exactly the typical 'backyard chicken keeper'. So here I am :)

Back
Top Bottom