1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hiya!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by onwingsofdragons, Jun 28, 2011.

1. onwingsofdragons

onwingsofdragons Out Of The Brooder

Jun 28, 2011
    North Texas
    Hi! My name's Kelly. I'm from Maryland, and I'm a newbie when it comes to chickens. I had chickens the last 2 years and lost both mini flocks to a fox. Now with a heftier coop and a chicken guard dog, I'm ready to try again. My girls were family pets for me and my boys and we miss them dearly. Of course with the new baby I couldn't get my new coop built in time for chick season, but I hope to be able to bypass that. I haven't raised from eggs yet, but I'm hoping to change that in the future when I get an incubator or a silkie hen [​IMG] My favorite breed personality wise so far are orps, I had 3 buff as my first flock and they were just so incredible and more affectionate than even any dog I've ever had! I really would like to have a mini flock of a double laced barnvelder, a blue copper marans, a light brahma, a buff orp, a white silkie and an ameraucana. Of course I missed out on chick season and I don't know any good local breeders.
    I look forward to flocking with birds of a feather so I stop ruffling feathers on the people I talk to about them all the time [​IMG]

2. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from Ohio. So glad you joined. You've come to the right place. [​IMG]

3. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama. So sorry about what happened with your previous flocks [​IMG] Good luck as you start over & I hope you're not chickenless for long [​IMG]

4. jen5680

jen5680 Southside Silkie Shack

Jun 18, 2009
    SW Ohio
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from SW Ohio!!

5. Barred Babies

Barred Babies Red Roof Farms

Sep 20, 2009
    Pride, La.
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Louisiana!

6. benjoycei

benjoycei Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2011
    Wilmington
    Hi from NC [​IMG]

7. FiveAcres

FiveAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2011
    White, GA
    Hello and [​IMG] to our flock from NW Georgia!!

Glad to see you are giving it another go.... better luck this time around...

8. whiteflare

whiteflare Out of the blue

Mar 13, 2011
    Sydney
    Hello Kelly, [​IMG] from Australia!
    You've come to the right place if you want somewhere where peoples' feathers don't get ruffled. We're a big bunch of chicken nerds [​IMG]

[​IMG] Sorry about your previous flocks, I think I have a bird who died too, one of my favourites, so I know it's pretty sad having to deal with the loss.
    I reckon all birds have absolutely great personalities if you get to know them... it's something really nice to see, them developing into their own characters [​IMG]

Hope to see you more around the forum [​IMG]

9. Cadjien_De_Louisiane

Cadjien_De_Louisiane SWLA Gamefowl Breeder

Apr 18, 2011
    Welsh, LA
    Welcome from Louisiana [​IMG]

10. ghillie

ghillie Hen Pecked

Nov 13, 2008
    Colorado Springs, Co
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by