hmm... baby chick?

americana-chick

Crowing
12 Years
Jun 18, 2008
o so i went outside today and desided to crack open one of the eggs just to make sure they where doing ok. i saw this wight thing in the egg and i was wondering if a baby can start to grow in just 3 days!? the hens arent broody and i wondered if this was normal...? should i start collecting the eggs right when they get laid? thanks!
animals229.jpg

animals232.jpg

here is a more up close picture.
animals231.jpg

can you see it?

do you mean the little white circle? that is normal in a looks to be fertile egg, I think the other white spots are reflections? What are you checking for in the eggs?

Looks like a bat in the middle !!!! I'm sure its the flash !!!!! Looks fertile to me !!!!!! And yes a baby chick can grow in 3 days if the egg is being incubated !!!

in the mittle of the yolk it is just the reflection of the flash. and i am talking about the big whight thing that is around the outside of the egg.

I think I know what you are talking about. Does it look kind of like a string? If that is what you are refering to, then it doesn't mean that it is fertile. I can't remember what it is called. I believe it is what holds the yolk (?) on to the shell, but not sure. But if that is what you're talking about, it just means that it is fresh, I believe.

Yep, looks fertile to me.
big_smile.png
I see the large germinal spot! yay! The other spots seem to be reflections...?
No that's not a meat spot. That's a chalaza, which is perfectly normal. The egg is OK to eat too.
This is also a good sign that the eggs that the hen(s) are laying may be good to try and incubate and hatch.
smile.png
Why not try it?
tongue.png
Yes they are still good to eat, just not if they are developing already(with the embryo visible and veins)
sickbyc.gif
It won't change the taste.
Fertile eggs! woot!
woot.gif

Back
Top Bottom