Hmm Best Coop Design??

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by JazminesZoo, Nov 1, 2011.

1. JazminesZoo

JazminesZoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 28, 2011
    Well I went to a pumpkin patch this weekend, and it was BEAUTIFUL & had a bunch of cool fun activities for the whole family!

But when I went into the petting zoo/area with Chicken, goats, pigs & a cow.... I saw this

( I found ironic the tractors/hay rides, hay pyramid, mazes, barns, house, the patch, food, pumpkin launching was all fabulous & amazing) So at $8 a person to get in... they can't fork out a couple bucks for a coop??)

[​IMG]

2. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

What's wrong with that?! Great use for an unused trailer! [​IMG]

3. chicken995

chicken995 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2011
    Northern Colorado
    Why build a new coop, when you have an old unused trailer that will work wonderfully?

4. Chook-A-Holic

Chook-A-Holic Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2009
    Central, N.C.
    Looks resourceful to me. They even spent the money and time to do a roof over on it. Two of my coops are truck van-bodies(free). I picked up a nice 53' reefer trailer yesterday for $100.00, won't build a coop for anywhere near that(425 sq.ft). Of course I can see a possible problem if you live in the city or in a subdivision and place it for all of the world to see.

5. JazminesZoo

JazminesZoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 28, 2011
    That what I was getting at, is the whole farm is beautiful & modern. It is a business with a market year round too not just someone who is raising chickens for their personal use. This is one of the biggest Pumpkin patch farms in the area. So it is more for entertaining people/large groups, and school farm tours. It just "didn't" fit in with the rest of the farm & ambiance [​IMG]

6. MissJenny

MissJenny Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2009
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    I agree -- no matter how you slice it this is a piece of crap and it tells the public that poultry aren't worth better. It looks like a muddy stink hole to me.

Jenny

7. chickendales

chickendales Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2011
    Michigan
    i like the use of the trailer but coop is nasty

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by