Hmm.. Columbian Wyandotte? Anyone?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by fshinggrl, May 6, 2011.

1. fshinggrl

fshinggrl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    the edge of insanity
    Ok, I am now questioning my three chicks who I was told were Columbian Wyandottes. I've googled images and can't seem to figure it out. Help! Also, how old do you think the chicks are. I was told 3 weeks, a week ago. Thanks! ( I see that the first one is a tad more 'yellow' than the other two.. any guesses?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

eta: spelling

Last edited: May 6, 2011
  2. Annie84

Annie84 Out Of The Brooder

May 2, 2011
    Columbus, MN
    They look about the same age as my 1-week olds. Maybe you were told 3 days or they said weeks but meant days?

3. fshinggrl

May 1, 2009
    the edge of insanity
    Quote:Really? My 3 DAY old chicks have no feathers.

4. Annie84

Annie84 Out Of The Brooder

May 2, 2011
    Columbus, MN
    My 1-week olds are starting to get feathers on their wings, but you said a week ago you were told the chicks were 3 weeks old, and if that is what they look like right now, my guess is they are around a week old. I also know by 4-weeks chicks are typically a bit larger and have a lot more feathers.

5. BANTAMWYANDOTTE

BANTAMWYANDOTTE Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2011
    Kentucky
    I can not help you with the ages of the chicks but I believe I can help with the breed.

Yes, they are Wyandottes but two color varities. The top picture is a Blue Laced-Red Wyandotte and the lower two are Partridge Wyandotte. The person who sold them to you maybe had silver-laced and silver-penciled confused.

I found the on google after searching for each of the Wyandottes color varties followed by the word "chick" then through process of elimination made an educated guess and think I am very close:

Blue Laced-Red Wyandotte Chick:

[​IMG]

Partridge Wyandotte:

[​IMG]

For more color varitations and breed information on the Wyandotte visit this link:

http://www.feathersite.com/Poultry/CGP/Wyand/BRKWyand.html

6. fshinggrl

May 1, 2009
    the edge of insanity
    Thank you. The chicks are pretty yellow compared to those pics. I guess we will see! Thanks again... much appreciated.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by