hmmm...boys or girls and which kind? (lots of photos!)

mamaspider

In the Brooder
11 Years
Feb 19, 2008
ok - they're 4 weeks old, and I think I know what some of them are, but am wondering about a few still, and trying to figure out gender. I admit, though, that for all your thicker/ thinner leg, rounded/pointy feather, bigger/pinker comb ideas, I just don't have enough experience yet to know how to compare these!
smile.png

any thoughts?

white leghorn roo?

darthvader4weeks.jpg

darthvader4weeks2.jpg

RIR/Production Red Roo (please tell me no... I really want his one to be a hen!)

bigred4weeks2.jpg

bigred4weeks.jpg

unknown breed pullet?

fluff4weeks.jpg

fluff4weeks2.jpg

Black Australorp boy or girl? bigger comb, but nearly as pink as the others I suspect to be roos... and this is the only Aussie in the bunch.

birdie4weeks.jpg

birdie4weeks2.jpg

buff orp pullets?

henny4weeks.jpg

penny4weeks.jpg

And this one is a hatchery oops, I think? They're supposed to be Dominique pullets... Here's the girls for comparison, and then the one in question - different barring, brighter comb, no tail...

dominiquepullets4weeks.jpg

dominiqueroo4weeks.jpg

Thanks for your help!

1 you are right
2) roo RIR
3) dont know but looks like hen
4) looks roo
5 is hen
6 is hen
7 with three looks like all three girls
8)last one looks like a Barred plymoth Rock roo

I agree with chickmomma except on one point. I think that the last one is a Dominique roo, not a rock roo. The comb tipped me off. JMHO

Thanks! Anyone have any thoughts on the black and white pullet with the mottled legs? What is she?

i would not have guessed australorp for her, because she looks so different from the other - yellow beak, instead of black, much more spotty legs and LOTS more white - and they looked very different as fuzzy chicks, too. that wouldn't all be explained by the gender difference would it?

not to be contrary, just actually don't know...!

anyone else have any thoughts on what she might be? (the photo labelled unknown pullet)

Thanks!

edited because i cannot type!

Last edited:
i wondered about that, but wasn't sure how you would tell the difference between the two... thanks.

Back
Top Bottom