Hmmm...does anyone have...

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by animalbaby4everandalwyz, Feb 1, 2009.

1. animalbaby4everandalwyz

animalbaby4everandalwyz Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 24, 2009
    West Tennessee
    NEW BABY CHICKS?? from a hatchery like mcmurray?? or any other hatchery or even the ones you have hatched??

I am gettin mine tomm they came from mcmurray....i'm very curious too see what other people have...even ducks and geese and turkeys ...anything that is a baby i wanna see it lol

thanks ill post pics of my chicks tommorrow!!!

p.s does anyone have any turkens or phoenix with looooooooong tails

2. Scratchn By

Scratchn By Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2008
    East Texas
    Funny! Mine are coming from MM tomorrow, as well. 35 of them... And two Turkens! We already have a big flock, but we can't stop ourselves!
    here's a pic of the first friz we've hatched. Good luck with your new MM peeps!

[​IMG]

3. animalbaby4everandalwyz

Jan 24, 2009
    West Tennessee
    Quote:soo adorable....thats crazy you are gettin yours tomm too...lol....we are getting 50...the rarest of rare and rainbow layers...i have never ordered from them...my fiance has ordered from them b 4 i meet him so now i am...we dont have that many chicks with were we live and the ammount of dogs we have/had...make sure to post a pic i wanna see...lol....ill post mine tomm

4. TXmom

TXmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Have fun with your new chicks! Here's a pic of my babies....the Silkies are from a BYC member, and the others are from Ideal Hatchery. See my signature for the list of what I have, and a link to other pics....

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 1, 2009
  5. animalbaby4everandalwyz

Jan 24, 2009
    West Tennessee
    Quote:ohh i cant wait its been at least 5 years since ive seen a baby chick ...we got outta the biz. and now ive meet someone who is into it so im gettin back in to it!!!! cant wait to see mine!!!! ive been soo jelous over these past coupple of days looking at the pics

P.S i also have some button quail eggs and jumbo brown quail eggs on there way!!!

I CANT WAIT!! i cant sleep!!!

[​IMG]

6. Scratchn By

Nov 7, 2008
    East Texas
    Beautiful babes TXmom! You're just like me. Put those peeps in a plastic bin (and keep'em safe inside....). Too cold to be chancing them out in my peep pin (brooder...). I'm afraid they'll forget to stay together and in the heat. I'll move them out when they're feathered or it's warm.

I'll send a couple pics of the newbies tomorrow for you animalbaby4everandalwyz! Do the same OK.

Now this is my sweetest Cochin hen with recent peep adoptions. Check the size of those Dom peeps shes got. Almost big as she!

[​IMG]

7. animalbaby4everandalwyz

Jan 24, 2009
    West Tennessee
    Quote:aww..lovely i love to watch hens and there babies!!! okay i cant wait too see yours!!!

8. animalbaby4everandalwyz

Jan 24, 2009
    West Tennessee
    HERE ARE MY CHICKS THAT CAME IN TODAY!!!

That's my lil buddy he follows me around.... anyone know what he is???
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Poor chickens these are the ones that wanted to die...but i brought them back to life!!!
    I had more in this pic
    [​IMG]

less in this pic
    [​IMG]

Group pictures lol!!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 2, 2009
  9. TXmom

TXmom Chillin' With My Peeps

They are adorable!!!!!

Watch them carefully when they eat...if they pick up the crumbles and then drop them...they're too big to eat. I put the crumbles in my Magic Bullet (like a blender) for a just a few seconds to grind them a little smaller for the tiny babies. They eat more that way, and gain their strength faster.

10. Scratchn By

Nov 7, 2008
    East Texas
    Wonderful animalbaby4everandalwyz! Beautiful!

Mine didn't show yesterday! [​IMG][​IMG]
    I hope the PO will be calling this morning. We'll see!

Anyway, I'll send pics as promised. Have a great day!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by