1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

hmmm what is that i hear? peeping? could it be... PICS!! more updates!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by sky68ou1, Nov 28, 2009.

1. sky68ou1

sky68ou1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 6, 2009
    thomasville nc
    yes its me again! most of you remember i went egg buying nuts not long ago and wound up with tons of hatching eggs. well at about 2:30 am this morning i checked them as some are due to hatch. and i had one that pipped! i have been up most of the night checking on them periodically. and now at 9 am i have 3 pipped and expecting about 3 to 4 more to pip and hatch together. i cant wait to see them! [​IMG] these are silkie eggs. the others will be hatching over the next 2 weeks. i should have some hatch nearly everyday until about 12-12.

i will be posting pics and updating as new things happen! keep checking back to see whats new! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 2, 2009
  2. sky68ou1

Oct 6, 2009
    thomasville nc
    [​IMG] still waiting!

3. abooth

abooth Chillin' With My Peeps

Hang in there. The worst part for me is always waiting from pip to zip!

4. sky68ou1

Oct 6, 2009
    thomasville nc
    i cant stand it lol! i hate waiting to see those cute little boogers come into the world so i can spoil them rotten! the last one i hatched out was so spoiled it would jump out of its box and across our bird cage and onto the couch just to sit on my chest and go to sleep. i couldnt get anything done for it following me around. but it was so cute!

5. usschicago1

usschicago1 Suburban Cochins

Aug 11, 2009
    Taunton, MA
    [​IMG]

6. PandoraTaylor

PandoraTaylor RT Poultry n Things

Jun 29, 2009
    Alaska
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Chicken Chat

Chicken Chat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2009
    Southern Illinois
    Sounds like you are going to be busy... Anything yet?

8. sky68ou1

Oct 6, 2009
    thomasville nc
    just alot of peeping going on so far! gah its so hard to wait! i wanna spoil'em!

9. Chicken Chat

Chicken Chat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2009
    Southern Illinois
    At least you are getting peeping. My last hatch of Silkies last week was the quietest hatch I have ever had, not one sound, nothing. Weird. I only had one out of four hatch, but I had temp spikes and he came a day early. Until they come out of the shell, I worry, worry, worry.
    Are all your batches Silkies or are you branching out? (Like there is anything better than a Silkie)

10. sky68ou1

Oct 6, 2009
    thomasville nc
    i have about 6 or 7 differant breeds hatching but mostly silkies. new bloodlines to integrate.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by