Hmmm, where did that one come from????

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by NJbirdlover, May 1, 2009.

1. NJbirdlover

NJbirdlover Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2009
    Salem County, NJ
    [​IMG]

I recived my 12 chicks yesterday, all still doing very well. This morning my 11 yr old dd and were checking for pasty butt's at (6am) and my daughter says "mom, I thought we got 12 chicks???well there are 13 here now" I even counted them at the post office yesterday but lo and behold we have ourselves a bakers dozen-WoW how did that get in there? He/she must have come along for the ride![​IMG]

Last edited: May 1, 2009
  2. trilyn

trilyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2009
    East Syracuse
    Lucky you! That's awesome! [​IMG] Enjoy the little buggers while they're small-I can't believe how fast they grow....*tear, sniffle* lol

3. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    I got a shipment on Tuesday and counted 12. When I got back to my office (it was a werid day ), I found out that there were actually 14 in the shipment. They squiggle around so much that they are really challenging to count.

4. horsejody

horsejody Squeaky Wheel

Feb 11, 2008
    Waterloo, Nebraska
    Ah Ha!! It's not just me! I keep telling DH that chicks can magically appear, and that's why I keep having more, but he doesn't believe me!

5. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    Quote:Ain't that the truth! They just come into your life whether you mean for them to or not.

6. NJbirdlover

NJbirdlover Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2009
    Salem County, NJ
    Quote:well I'll be a witness for you,[​IMG] this little one appeared out of thin air!

7. chickie_mama

chickie_mama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2008
    Lula, GA
    Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by