hmmmmm aggresive pekin duck!!! :-(

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by stumble_n_mumble, Dec 4, 2008.

1. stumble_n_mumble

stumble_n_mumble Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 23, 2008
    Long Island, NY
    i have a peking duck and a silkie that i raised together. i have another silkie chick and 2 sex link (red n black) raised together. they are all in a whelping pen... i put up some chicken wire inbetween them both.... and today i decided to take it down cause all the chickens are the same size. the ducks.... well a lot bigger lol!!. so now the duck has been chasing the other chickens and nibling on their feathers.... they screach a little but no harm done... she just doesnt let up... is this her being vicious? or are they establishing the pecking order?

2. Fudgie

Fudgie Hatching Queen - Got Fudge?

how old are the ducks and chicks? reason I ask is I have a 3 month old that is starting to test her superiority. She comes at the little calls and wants to just shove them. Not really attacking, more like I am the boss get used to it action. She tries it with me but I just stare her down and stand my ground and she quits. then she goes back to doing ducky stuff!

3. stumble_n_mumble

stumble_n_mumble Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 23, 2008
    Long Island, NY
    the duck is 10 weeks old. the chicks are 7 weeks old.... and the silkie the duck "grew up" with is 13 weeks old!!

4. Fudgie

Fudgie Hatching Queen - Got Fudge?

It could be your duckie is just getting the pecking order established and he wants to make sure EVERYONE knows it!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by