Hobby Farms Mag???

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by brooster, Jul 16, 2008.

1. brooster

brooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2007
    northwest Ohio
    How is it? What are most of the articles about? Thinking about trying it, they have a great offer right now. Are most of the articles on animals, farm equip, or garden/canning stuff? If you have it, let me know what you think! Thanks!

2. Reinbeau

Reinbeau The Teapot Underground Premium Member

Eh, it's ok. I had a subscription for one year, I thought I'd enjoy it, but it was really more gentlemens' farm oriented, not down and dirty, which is what I really wanted. The combo of Countryside and Mother Earth News is a better read for me. Backwoods Home is another, I may switch out the MEN to it someday, the politics are more to my liking.

3. We get it and Mother Earth News.

I really like them both.

Hobby Farms has more livestock animal stuff in it, and featuring articles with people who have made small buissness's out of their farms by selling alpaca wool and stuff like that...

Mother Earth News also has animal articles but has more info on being Self Suffient than Hobby Farms does IMO.

Why not check and see if Hobby Farms has a website and see if you like the content?

4. kinnip

kinnip Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2008
    Carrollton, GA
    Countryside has better content. Hobby Farms has better pictures. I'm feeling a little ripped off by Hobby Farms. It doesn't come out often enough to have so little content. I will not be renewing.

5. Anne

Anne Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 11, 2007
    Bellingham, WA
    Hobby farms is very glossy but when it comes down to it, not terribly interesting or useful, IMO. Mother Earth News is not glossy/modern but I enjoy it more and get more out of it.

6. ozark hen

ozark hen Living My Dream

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    I get Backyard Poultry and absolutely love it, but it is all about poultry. you can go to backyardpoultry.com and check it out. It has different breeds in it, Q & A section, photo section, etc. Just plumb full of great info!! Some of our members coops/runs have been featured in it.

7. brooster

brooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2007
    northwest Ohio
    i already get it! [​IMG] how about poultry press?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by