1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hokum Coco (NEW EGG)

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Hokum Coco, Dec 10, 2012.

1. Hokum Coco

Hokum Coco Overrun With Chickens

Dec 6, 2012
    New Brunswick,Canada
    [​IMG]

Hokum Coco are the first names my grand daughters used to describe me when they were first learning to talk.

It is nice to be called New Egg! At my age it nice to be called "NEW" anything. I am new and just learning to navigate on your site with the computer. I am not new to chickens and birds in general. My post will only reflect what I have learned from experience and what works with my particular birds in Canada (Indian name for COLD)! They may not work in your set up. I have incorporated a lot of well thought out features from this site all ready. I just hope I can help some one here also in return.

Your truly
    Hokum Coco

Last edited: Dec 11, 2012
  2. Chickenfan4life

Chickenfan4life Overrun With Chickens

Aug 28, 2012
    Planet No
    [​IMG]
    We're so glad you joined!

3. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Hokum Coco, and [​IMG]! Great to have you in our community! Love how you obtained your user name! Good luck to you and your cold weather birds!!

4. 1muttsfan

1muttsfan Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Upper Peninsula Michigan
    Hi and welcome to BYC from northern Michigan :D

Cold weather chicken keeping can be a challenge - more so for the keepers on some days (dumped a waterer down my leg today and had to finish chores wet. And cold. Although 24 isn't bad at all).

5. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Hello and welcome to BYC [​IMG] Glad you joined us!

6. Hokum Coco

Dec 6, 2012
    New Brunswick,Canada
    I like you unique Avatar chickensforlife. Thank you for the welcome again everyone. It is nice to talk to someone who does not glaze over when I carry on about my birds.

I figure if you are not living for something you are dying for nothing. And yes I tend to talk too much about my birds!

Onemuttsfan says 24 is not so bad. I presume that is 24 Fahrenheit. I am still trying to figure exactly what that would be in Canada where we are on the Celsius scale. I conclude however your water may have had ice in it this morning.

Yours truly
    Hokum Coco

7. Hokum Coco

Dec 6, 2012
    New Brunswick,Canada
    Thank you for your kind words everyone. I hope I can help some newbies with some of the same challenges I faced over the years of raising birds.

Glad to be aboard,
    Hokum Coco

8. DDNONIN2016

DDNONIN2016 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2012
    SW Ohio
    [​IMG] Glaze over !! What a perfect description ! Thats why I'm here too. No one except my Dad wants to hear about my chickens. At least he helps me care for them. So glad to have you here. Welcome

9. liz9910

liz9910 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 8, 2012
    Northern California
    [​IMG] from California!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by