Hola from Mississippi

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by mvktr2, Oct 9, 2009.

1. mvktr2

mvktr2 Out Of The Brooder

Glad to join the community, I have a few unique situations to deal with in keeping a small flock that I'm sure this community can help me with. I belong to a couple of other online communities, & they are great. One thing's for sure the net has made getting information on anything easy & fast.

About me: Live in Central MS, in a parsonage. Yep that's right I'm a minister. The parsonage sits on approx. 2 acres, 90% grass/field. Hoping to put together a small flock with a minimum of infrastructure, this isn't my home & anything I put up has to be "EASILY" removable & not have much of a footprint! Think you guys can see my unique concerns/problems on the horizon already! [​IMG] Off to post for suggestions on housing, breeds, etc.

Schlante,
    Phillip

2. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Hey Phillip! [​IMG] from S. Florida! Its great to have you here with us!

3. M To The Maxx

M To The Maxx Baseball+Girls=Life

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    [​IMG]

4. fldiver97

fldiver97 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2009
    Middleton, WI
    [​IMG] from WI. You may want to look at some of the tractors or small coop designs if you just want a few chickens. As you don't have to deal winters that bring several feet of snow your project shoud not be too much of a challenge. Good luck, keep us posted

5. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    Welcome to BYC!!!! From NJ !!

6. Scraps

Scraps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2009
    End of a dirt road...
    [​IMG] from North Florida!!!

7. MandyH

MandyH You'll shoot your eye out!

Wow, two new members from MS in a week!!! Welcome!

8. mvktr2

mvktr2 Out Of The Brooder

Thank you all for the warm welcome.

Hey Ole Miss fan Mandy H... did I mention Roll Tide!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Should be a good good game later today! I don't expect Bama to go undefeated and this is absolutely one of those losable games! Also I see you have Welsumer chickens, on of the 3 or 4 breeds I'm looking keenly at. Are yours free range or at least let out some? I ask as we would be living in VERY similar geographic areas with similar potential problems.

Thanks again to all.

Schlante,
    Phillip

9. texasgal

texasgal Brood with an Attitude

Apr 18, 2009
    A big Texas size [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. ThePamperedPullet

ThePamperedPullet Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome to BYC from The Pampered Pullets Farm in North Central Florida

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by