Hola from Mississippi

mvktr2

In the Brooder
10 Years
Oct 9, 2009
Attala Co, MS Oprah's hometown
Glad to join the community, I have a few unique situations to deal with in keeping a small flock that I'm sure this community can help me with. I belong to a couple of other online communities, & they are great. One thing's for sure the net has made getting information on anything easy & fast.

About me: Live in Central MS, in a parsonage. Yep that's right I'm a minister. The parsonage sits on approx. 2 acres, 90% grass/field. Hoping to put together a small flock with a minimum of infrastructure, this isn't my home & anything I put up has to be "EASILY" removable & not have much of a footprint! Think you guys can see my unique concerns/problems on the horizon already!
Off to post for suggestions on housing, breeds, etc.

Schlante,
Phillip

fldiver97

Enabler
11 Years
Aug 5, 2009
Middleton, WI
My Coop
from WI. You may want to look at some of the tractors or small coop designs if you just want a few chickens. As you don't have to deal winters that bring several feet of snow your project shoud not be too much of a challenge. Good luck, keep us posted

mvktr2

In the Brooder
10 Years
Oct 9, 2009
Attala Co, MS Oprah's hometown
Thank you all for the warm welcome.

Hey Ole Miss fan Mandy H... did I mention Roll Tide!!!
Should be a good good game later today! I don't expect Bama to go undefeated and this is absolutely one of those losable games! Also I see you have Welsumer chickens, on of the 3 or 4 breeds I'm looking keenly at. Are yours free range or at least let out some? I ask as we would be living in VERY similar geographic areas with similar potential problems.

Thanks again to all.

Schlante,
Phillip

Top Bottom