Hola from San Francisco

moareggsplz

Hatching
9 Years
Jul 13, 2010
Hey everyone,

Thought I'd introduce myself. We just brought home our first 14-week old pullets yesterday and this site came highly recommended by the breeder. We're pretty excited, we have one white Plymouth Rock (who appears to be in charge) and three Rhode Island Reds. They're settling in nicely and got their first treat of about twenty small crickets, which they cleaned up in about thirty seconds.

They have an enclosed run at the moment (we have a Black Lab who is a little too interested in them plus a few mutant steroid freak raccoons who wander around at night) but may choose to free range later. Been getting some great info so far, so I look forward to exchanging advice and stories!

Hi from Oakland!
frow.gif

Nice to see that another Bay Area peep has joined BYC, why don't you introduce yourself over on the Bay Area thread too?

Last edited by a moderator:
welcome-byc.gif

Hey Hey from The Big Tomato (Sacramento or Sacratomato)!

If you're available, there are some BYCers meeting at the California State Fair at Cal Expo on July 31st when the poultry competition is going on. We're meeting at the Fur & Feathers exhibit in the main exhibit hall if you're interested in coming! Here's a thread about it.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=365796&p=4

It would be awesome if you could join us.
smile.png
Hope to see you there.

Hope you'll love it here on BYC as much as I do. So far, much of what I have learned that is of value has come from right here in the forum threads.

Your setup sounds similar to ours. While we've had our girls about 6 weeks, they are about the age yours are now. I'm sure you're enjoying them as much as we enjoy ours.

Back
Top Bottom