Hola!! Hello! Greetings from Florida!

Pilarmate

In the Brooder
Oct 28, 2021
Hello to everyone, my name is Pilar and I will be getting 3 peafowls within a month, one male Indian Blue and two females.
I am clueless about caring for these beauties and I am starting to prepare the coop.

They are currently living in really bad conditions, I dont think the current owner is feeding them properly and they may have lice, mites...not a very well cleaned coop I have to say.

Any advice that someone wants to offer for me to start learning the basics will be super welcomed. I plan on keeping them inside for the first 2 months (big coop) so they get used to me and then open the door and pray that they will come back to eat and sleep...

Question, are they intelligent animals? Can eventually let you touch them and hug them? could they learn their name?

Thanks for reading!
Pilar

Fluffy Lambs

🌹 Cattle Queen 👑
Premium Feather Member
May 10, 2021
Florida
Hello to everyone, my name is Pilar and I will be getting 3 peafowls within a month, one male Indian Blue and two females.
I am clueless about caring for these beauties and I am starting to prepare the coop.

They are currently living in really bad conditions, I dont think the current owner is feeding them properly and they may have lice, mites...not a very well cleaned coop I have to say.

Any advice that someone wants to offer for me to start learning the basics will be super welcomed. I plan on keeping them inside for the first 2 months (big coop) so they get used to me and then open the door and pray that they will come back to eat and sleep...

Question, are they intelligent animals? Can eventually let you touch them and hug them? could they learn their name?

Thanks for reading!
Pilar
Welcome to BYC Pilar! I think @casportpony has peafowl, she might be able to help you.

Top Bottom