Hola!! Hello! Greetings from Florida!

Isadora

Soli Deo gloria
Premium Feather Member
Mar 29, 2021
IN
Hi Pilar, welcome to BYC!
My biggest tip for anyone getting new birds is to make sure the coop is predator proof. So-called chicken wire they sell is not predator proof, raccoons can rip through it and other animals like dogs and coyotes can tear through it. You'll want hardware cloth, where the openings are not large enough for a predator to reach through and grab your peafowls head and kill it. It would be a shame for you to rescue them from their bad situation and have them get picked off. I wish you all the best with them! Post some pictures if you think of it. ❤️

cmom

Hilltop Farm
14 Years
Nov 18, 2007
Florida
My Coop
My Coop
:welcome :frow You can put them in their coop and leave them in it for a few days with plenty of food and water to let them become accustomed to their new surroundings. and eventually have a nice run for them to go out into. Treats are the way to a chickens heart. Chickens are creatures of habit and once they develop a routine they are happy. You will find a lot of good information here BYCArticles.jpg Good luck and have fun...

cmom

Hilltop Farm
14 Years
Nov 18, 2007
Florida
My Coop
My Coop
http://www.poultrydvm.com/featured-infographic/tips-for-protecting-poultry-from-predators
We have a Farm Swap twice a month. If your ever in our area on a swap day stop in and say hi. Again good luck with your birds and have fun...
Here are some good things to treat the birds for the lice and mites. You will need to do it weekly for 3 or 4 weeks because it does not kill the pests eggs but will as they hatch out. The bonus is there is no egg withdrawal period so the eggs are safe to eat. Again, good luck...
TSCCovid.jpg

Attachments

• PermethrinSprayR.jpg
    PermethrinSprayR.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 0
  • PoultryDust.jpg
    PoultryDust.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 0
  • MartinsPen&PoultrySpray.jpg
    MartinsPen&PoultrySpray.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Permethrin10Concentrate.jpg