1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hola!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by miomama, Jun 15, 2011.

1. miomama

miomama New Egg

Jun 15, 2011
    Hello,

New here and new to raising chickens. I live in Mexico with my husband and two boys and we just recently acquired three lovely 4 month old chicks. I'm not sure what breed they are but was told that they lay brown eggs. They get to free range all over our property but have decided that they like hanging out at the kitchen door with our dog.

Looking forward to this adventure and hope to share our fun with everyone here!

Betty

2. ChickyChickyBaby

ChickyChickyBaby Barefoot Bantams

[​IMG]

3. ADozenGirlz

ADozenGirlz The Chicken Chick[IMG]emojione/assets/png/00ae.png

Oct 18, 2009
    Connecticut
    Quote:Hola Betty! Que tal? (that's about half of my Spanish lexicon). Welcome to Backyard Chickens. It sounds like you'll be getting farm fresh eggs very soon! Be sure to keep the camera handy. [​IMG]

4. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from Ohio. So glad you joined. [​IMG]

5. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

[​IMG] Bienvenides!

So glad you joined us. Nice to read your chickens don't wander very far [​IMG] and they get along with your dog!

You will so enjoy visiting the various BYC forums.

6. M.sue

M.sue Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2011
    Michigan
    Welcome and congrats on your new additions to your family!! [​IMG]

7. Chickencoop1996

Chickencoop1996 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    southern nh
    [​IMG]

8. miomama

miomama New Egg

Jun 15, 2011
    Thanks everyone for the welcome. I've had my camera ready since day one and have already taken a lot of pics. I'm going through them now to find the best ones so that I can get help identifying them.

The dog doesn't seem to mind the new girls, but I discovered today that sometime during the day, the girls have spooked the cat. At dinner time, the cat refused to come down from the steps to get this dinner while the girls were on the lawn. It was quite funny 'cause the cat rarely refuses a meal!

9. CarolynF

CarolynF Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2011
    Puget Sound
    My Coop
    Hi! Enjoy your time here, it's a great place for learning!! [​IMG]

10. chi-rn

chi-rn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2011
    Welcome from NC! Being a chicken mom is soooo much fun! ('Cept when they get their feathery little bodies in trouble!-- Then I worry a lot!) [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by