Holderread GOSLINGS are here YAY~PICTURES PICTURES!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by tebs78, Apr 23, 2009.

1. tebs78

tebs78 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2008
    UDATED I am adding one picture at a time for you to see, they take forever to upload from photo bucket so as they up load I will put them on here. If any body has any guesses waht breed, i'd like to know... Pics on page 2 also...one there now.

My geese arrived today from Holderread waterfowl farm! I ordred the exhibition gosling addortment (12) and bargain gosling assortment (4) and they sent me extras! (Do they usually do that?) I ordered 16 total and recieved 19!

I have no idea what I got though lol. I know that there are some Pomeranians or Shetlands and a tufted roman.

Are geese breeds easy to tell apart as goslings? Or do some look a lot alike?

[​IMG]
    what I think are pomeranians or shetlands

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    these are similiar then the first 3, but the beaks are not spotted/two toned, they are more solid and not as dark on thier backs.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 24, 2009
  2. cowman910

cowman910 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2009
    Suffolk County,NY
    yay!!!

3. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    [​IMG]

4. Shanay235

Shanay235 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    WV
    Show me the the pics? [​IMG]

5. mamanaturale

mamanaturale Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2009
    spokane, wa
    oh how exciting! i am trying so hard to convince dh to let me order some goslings... wah! can't wait to see pictures!

6. hippiehen

hippiehen wastefully exuberant

Aug 27, 2008
    Utopia, Texas
    Did you have a good experience with Holderread? I want to order some magpies and saxonys from them but I haven't heard many reviews of thier stock!

7. momof3

momof3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2007
    Iowa
    They are neat aren't they. I received Shetland goslings from them a week ago. One of them was dead plus another one died two days later. I'm still enjoying the other four and would order from them again.

I agree we need to see pictures.

8. tebs78

tebs78 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2008
    Okay Okay, let me take pics when My dh gets home....he stole my camera...YES I had a very good experience, as they sent me 3 extra!

I had a little note under the lid that said "tell Mr. B------ M------ hello from his brother B----- (sorry left out names for privacy) haha that was such a small world though... A teacher from my daughters school is brothers with some one who apparently packs the goslings! NEAT....they treated me right..

I'd like to see pictures of the shetlands to see if I have any in my order lol.....I will get on the pictures asap.

9. DuckyBoys

DuckyBoys Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2008
    Colorado
    Oh I can't wait to see pics! How fun to get all different kinds! As far as Holderreads is concerned they ar great in my opinion. I've gotten both geese and ducks from them. The buff geese I just got are HUUUUUUUUUUUUGE. Literally they were born twice the size of my own goslings.

10. chicktwit

chicktwit Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2007
    Holderread's is great got Breeder BEI's from them. They were great w/contact kept me knformed thru the whole thing & even made sure arrival was convenient for me. By the way when can we see pics of the babies?

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by