Holderread magpies & Runners & more pics!!

FenDruadin

Crowing
10 Years
Jul 30, 2009
Charlotte, NC Area
I've been dying to post some pics of my flock, because I think my magpies are stunning, and the Runners are nothing to sneeze at either, but I've had technical barriers. However, I recently had to overcome those barriers so I could submit photos for professional purposes, so now I can do it here too, lol. Here we go:

The morning bath, featuring the Stanbridge white drake gofaster is taking home this week, plus others from Holderread and some out of my hatchery flock:

37992_dsc_0147.jpg

And here is the white chinese goose I got from Carolina Waterfowl Rescue, who lives with my ducks and their guardian Toulouse goose:

37992_dsc_0153.jpg

A black magpie hen from Holderread:

37992_dsc_0165.jpg

Here are several blue Holderread runners (second blue one from the left, I *think* is the one gofaster is taking--sorry it's not a more flattering pic). In the water is a silver Runner hatched from my original McMurray stock, and in front is a tuxedo blue:

37992_dsc_0182.jpg

And my mature flock on the lake with their guardian geese:

37992_dsc_0270.jpg

Thank you! I think they're beautiful too, but I didn't realize how striking their markings were until I saw pictures of a bunch of other magpies. Holderread really knows his stuff when it comes to breeding top quality. These aren't even out of his exhibition breedings--just the regular, run-of-the-mill Holderread birds, and they're still remarkable compared to most. The Runners are the same way--I've never seen such amazing upright postures and funny-looking (i.e., typey, lol) heads until I got some Holderreads in my flock.

The other remarkable thing is that the Holderread prices really aren't that expensive. You just have to order ahead, and you have to do it the old-fashioned way with an order form.

Back
Top Bottom