Holderread sold his prized ancona breeding stock

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by FarmrGirl, Jul 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FarmrGirl

FarmrGirl MooseMistress

Jul 1, 2009
    Southern Maryland
  2. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Quote:Great article, thanks for sharing it.

3. StevenW.

StevenW. Lovin' My Quackers!

Oct 7, 2010
    Central, Illinois
    I'm just hopeing Holderreads don't sell their Bantam Breeds. They are starting to become very popular. I've been hearing rumors of Holderreads are thinking of selling all their geese breeds to lower the feed bill and work list. So if anyone is wanting some of those geese I would hurry up because I wouldn't be suprised if they sell all their flocks but a couple just to keep in a couple years

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2011
  4. Oregon Blues

Oregon Blues Overrun With Chickens

Apr 14, 2011
    Central Oregon
    I guess I'd better call Holderread. I've got a deposit paid on 4 Pomeranian goslings. If he is giving up geese, I'm going to have to drive over there and cough up the extra dough to buy adults right now.

5. FarmrGirl

FarmrGirl MooseMistress

Jul 1, 2009
    Southern Maryland
    Quote:Wish I could drive over! I'll be ordering those American Lav & Blues that I'd held off getting... Don't want to worry about who'll be taking over those!

6. FarmrGirl

FarmrGirl MooseMistress

Jul 1, 2009
    Southern Maryland
    I got goose eggs from her this spring. No luck hatching but I hear that's a common theme this year and I'm afraid my broody Muscovy canibalized them anyway (wish I knew she was an egg eater before I planted those goose eggs under her butt!). I thought she was done with the birds and moving to the city... I just ordered Ancona hatching eggs from Plum Run Poultry so hopefully I can get my flock up and running without too much trouble.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2011
  7. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Seems like as hot as it is, it would really be hard to ship this time of year? Was reading where someone received 45 chicks in Fla yesterday. I still think I'd be leary of ordering till it is cooler.

8. StevenW.

Oct 7, 2010
    Central, Illinois
    Quote:Its hotter than last year! This heat and humidity is horrible!

9. StevenW.

Oct 7, 2010
    Central, Illinois
    Quote:I got goose eggs from her this spring. No luck hatching but I hear that's a common theme this year and I'm afraid my broody Muscovy canibalized them anyway (wish I knew she was an egg eater before I planted those goose eggs under her butt!). I thought she was done with the birds and moving to the city... I just ordered Ancona hatching eggs from Plum Run Poultry so hopefully I can get my flock up and running without too much trouble.

I thought so too but she still is selling ducklings and eggs. [​IMG]
    I've never heard of that place. Might have to check it out. [​IMG]

10. StevenW.

Oct 7, 2010
    Central, Illinois
    [​IMG]
    They have Blue and Lavendar Anconas! I'm definitly going to be placeing a order when it cools downs!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by