Hole in Crop

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Red Frog, Aug 30, 2016.

1. Red Frog

Red Frog Out Of The Brooder

Sep 16, 2014
    It seems like I've had an interesting summer. After a rooster with a bad foot/ankle that is now doing well thanks to help from people on here, it seems that we have another little issue.

One of our hatchers this year (now about 4 months), ended up with sour crop a few weeks ago. We took care of that problem with apple cider vinegar and lots of egg and yogurt. However, noticed this morning that her crop now has a hole in it (not sure if it was punctured by her grazing again or one of the other birds as she hopped out of our sick pen and started back into the world.). The question is, if it's a little older hole, do you think I need to sew it or could I glue it. Or should I leave it and keep an eye on it. She is acting fine, eating and drinking fine, but I noticed that she's probably not getting as much nutrients that she needs as she's not gaining the weight back from the sour crop issue. She's doing well otherwise, amazingly. She's separate from everyone else, but I am putting her out in a penned area during the day so she can get fresh air and sun. I can probably get a picture in a little while, but my littles are up and playing at the moment.

2. Red Frog

Red Frog Out Of The Brooder

Sep 16, 2014
    Anyone...? We would like to sew it, but have no idea where to quickly get a suture kit

3. chickcrack

chickcrack Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2016
    Ontario, Canada
    I have no idea what to suggest to fix it but I think you will get a better response if you can post some good clear pictures of it. Good luck.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by