1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Holiday "detox" diet

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Southern28Chick, Jan 3, 2008.

1. Southern28Chick

Southern28Chick Flew The Coop

Apr 16, 2007
    Anyone know of one? I feel like poo. I feel like I'm full all the time. I feel like I have weeks of turkey, thick taters, candy and cakes just sitting in my gut. LOL

I'm not looking for a "diet" really. I want to flush all the bad out of my system.

I found this but I wonder if anyone knows of something better:
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A20971-2004Dec22.html

2. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    I know on LA ink the owner and one of the workers did it. I cant remember the name of it. Maybe if you go on TLC and try to find the ep they will say the name of it. It flushes out you whole system and you have to do it for a week

3. nccountrygirl

nccountrygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2007
    Sanford N.C.
    Trisha, I know that GNC has the detox drink, you only drink this for 48 hrs with no solid food for that time.

4. WoodlandWoman

WoodlandWoman Overrun With Chickens

May 8, 2007
    Wisconsin
    I would say, just eat more vegetables, fruits, greens and sprouts. Eat less fat, grain and refined sugar. Drink an extra glass of water a day.

5. jeaucamom

jeaucamom Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2007
    Ophir, CA
    A very quick way to flush out your system is 4000 mg of Vitamin C. Don't be too far from a toilet!! A perhaps easier way is to eat a Mango with lime juice on it and salt. If you really want to do it, eat that once in the morning, and once at night with nothing else that day except lots of fluids.

6. Cuban Longtails

Cuban Longtails Flock Mistress

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    I like the sound of the one you posted Southern, but I don't have a juicer. [​IMG] Oh well, something for me to ask for as a birthday present. [​IMG]

7. ksacres

ksacres At Your Service

Nov 16, 2007
    San Antonio TX
    4000 mg of vit C? where does one find such a high dosage? WOW! I've been feeling like poo too, just starting eating mostly veggies and fruits. I'll do that for a week or two. Not a big veggie fan, but the fruit is yummy-good replacement for all the sweets I've become used to having.

8. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    Quote:Maybe CVS or rite-aid has it. Its those big pills maybe. I know the B12 pills are HUGE!

9. Southern28Chick

Southern28Chick Flew The Coop

Apr 16, 2007
    My problem is I love wheat (pasta & bread), salt and sugar, butter, and so on...all the stuff that makes you fat and bloated. [​IMG]

I have cut back on these before and started eating more veggies and fruit with fish and I felt great. I'm not going to make it a new years resolution though because I won't follow through.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by