Holiday Gift Barter you need eggs I need hand made crafts :)

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by AHappychick, Aug 16, 2010.

1. AHappychick

AHappychick Wanna-be Farmer

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    Well it is that time a year again and I am having good hatches with most all of my breeds although a few breeds have slowed down due to Molt. Just like last year I am looking to barter eggs or even chicks in return of all the wonderful things made by people here on BYC.

Available: feel free to mix and match [​IMG]

1. White silkies and Show girls
    2. French Blue and Black Copper Marans
    3. True Ameraucanas - (blue and black colored very nice blue eggs)
    4. True Araucanas - (blue and black and sometimes lay a light blue egg and all are bilaterally tufted and rumpless ( occasionally I hatch an off colored bird or one with a partial tail but this is by far my hardest breed that I am working with and very much a project)
    5. Gray and black Show girls and silkies and Sizzles (I have a sizzle (silkie frizzled feathered) Roo over my avatar show girl and another nice penciled gray SG the result will be some Sizzle silkies, regular silkies, Sg, and FRIZZLED SG!!!! (first time offered)
    6. Olive eggers - a mix of Marty (my FBCM sire) over a wheaton Ameraucana (result is always a blue laced bird often looking just like an Ameraucana egg is green but the offspring lay olive) and the F 1 offspring (who's egg is wonderfully olive that is olive throughout the egg on inside as well bred back to Marty.

If it is an expensive gift I can also hatch out chicks and send them instead.

I know I need:

home made natural soaps (and lots of them so I am willing to do this barter with several people)
    possible painting or drawing of a husky dog (pic will be provided)
    jewelry
    ornaments
    children's stuffed animals, blankets, clothes, toys

There is so much out there that is you post what you make I am sure I will want it for myself or someone else.

See my BYC page or website for some pics of my birds or read my feedback. I will not send out eggs/chicks until gift is received as I was burned a few times last year, but I can assure you that you will receive what ever you decide and it will be packaged VERY well (see my post on how I package eggs) I am true to my word.

2. The Chicken People

The Chicken People Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2009
    Smithville, Mo
    Any certain size or boy/girl clothes?

3. white01

white01 Brady Brook Poultry

May 11, 2010
    West Enfield,Maine
    i crochet and knit, is there anything you need, i do doily,blankets,scarfs,tote bags...let me know
    Ann

4. AHappychick

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    Quote:lets see...

5 year old boy

3 year old girl

new borns on the way....

6 month baby girl

[​IMG]

5. AHappychick

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    Quote:oh do you have a web site or place with pics?

off the top of my head tote bags, maybe a doily,... would be awedsome [​IMG]

6. mylittlezoo

mylittlezoo Poppy Creek Farm

Mar 16, 2009
    GA
    I'm doing pillows again this year, as well as canned goods like Apple pie in a jar and Caramel Apple jam - PM me if you'd like any! [​IMG] I looove my Silkies I got from you last year. They are SUCH superior quality.

7. BWKatz

BWKatz Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2010
    Columbia,SC
    I can do a Husky pic for u. Do u want it painted or needlework? I work with acrylics paint. U would have to tell me what kind of frame u want. I would love to have an araucana. [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 16, 2010
  8. CrazyFowlFreak

CrazyFowlFreak Pine Hill Farm

Apr 24, 2009
    WV
    I PMed you [​IMG]

9. awesomefowl

awesomefowl Argues with Goats

I really wish I had an incubator!!! because I can knit, sew, annd crochet...what a deal!

10. Cindiloohoo

Cindiloohoo Quiet as a Church Mouse

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    Quote:So barter some of those skills for a bator!!!! Then come back here and barter some more for the eggs you want [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by