Holiday snacks....baked goods!

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by arabianequine, Nov 12, 2010.

1. arabianequine

arabianequine Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2010
    Please share yours, include recipes and pictures. We make certain snacks for the day of the holiday. Also I like making more cookies and baked goodies this time of year.

I am gonna make some ginger cookies today. I like soft cookies and these are suppose to be soft. My mil like ginger cookies so I will take her some.

2. 2DogsFarm

2DogsFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2009
    NW Indiana
    Since I road-tested these this Summer they are a new "tradition" (everyone keeps asking for them)
    sorry, no pics

BACON CRACK-ERS < THEY'RE ADDICTIVE

1 BOX TOWNHOUSE CRACKERS (I USED WHOLE GRAIN)
    1 LB BACON
    GRATED PARMESAN
    BROWN SUGAR

*CUT BACON SLICES INTO THIRDS
    *SPRINKLE EACH CRACKER WITH ABOUT 1 TEASPOON GRATED CHEESE OR BROWN SUGAR
    *WRAP A BACON SLICE SNUGLY AROUND EACH CRACKER - BE SURE THE ENDS MEET UNDERNEATH
    *PUT CRACKERS ON A RACK ON A FOIL-LINED COOKIE SHEET & BAKE AT 250 FOR 1 HOUR
    *SEE HOW MANY YOU CAN AVOID EATING BEFORE THEY COOL
    *SERVE LEFTOVERS TO GUESTS

Easy recipe for biscotti so good people will ask where you bought them:

CAKEMIX BISCOTTI

1 BOX CAKEMIX - ANY FLAVOR YOU LIKE*
    1 STICK BUTTER
    1 CUP FLOUR
    2 EGGS
    ADD-INS <CHOCOLATE CHIPS, DRIED FRUIT, NUTS

*MIX TOGETHER TO FORM A VERY STIFF DOUGH
    *ON A COOKIE SHEET LINED WITH PARCHMENT PAPER, FORM DOUGH INTO 2 LOGS ABOUT 2" WIDE, FLATTEN SLIGHTLY
    *BAKE ON COOKIE SHEET AT 350F FOR 30 MINUTES
    *REMOVE FROM OVEN, LET COOL 15MIN THEN SLICE DIAGONALLY INTO 1/2" SLICES, SEPARATE SLICES SLIGHTLY - DON'T LAY SLICES FLAT, LEAVE THEM STANDING (I JUST USE THE KNIFE TO PUSH THEM APART A LITTLE)
    *BAKE 10 MINUTES MORE

*I've used chocolate cake with white chocolate chips, lemon cake with dried cranberries, German chocolate cake with pecans, use your imagination!

You can also dip the ends of the cooled biscotti in melted chocolate to make them even more decadent

Last edited: Nov 14, 2010
  3. arabianequine

arabianequine Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2010
    Oh thank you, I remember that first recipe. I think I will try it this year. It sure sounds good, wasn't there two ways you could do them? Is this the best way for flavors?

The biscotti I may try too, I know some family would like them.

I was hoping for more responses since it is holiday time.

4. AhBee01

AhBee01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2007
    yo. ohio
    I make this every thanksgiving! Everyone love it!

Pumpkin Crunch cake

Ingredients

* 2 cups pumpkin puree
    * 1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
    * 4 eggs
    * 1 1/2 cups white sugar
    * 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
    * 1 teaspoon salt
    * 1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
    * 1 cup chopped pecans
    * 1 cup margarine, melted
    * 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease one 9x13 inch baking pan.
    2. Combine the pumpkin, evaporated milk, eggs, sugar, pumpkin pie spice and salt. Mix well and spread into the prepared pan.
    3. Sprinkle the yellow cake mix over the top of the pumpkin mixture and pat down. Sprinkle the chopped pecans over the top of the cake mix then drizzle the melted margarine all over the top.
    4. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for about 1 hour but no longer than 1 hour and 20 minutes. Top cooled cake with whipped topping when ready to serve.

5. 2DogsFarm

2DogsFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2009
    NW Indiana
    Quote:The ony 2 ways I use for the crackers are with cheese or with brown sugar.
    Honestly, they are too easy to be so good [​IMG]

The biscotti are also easy and the result looks like you took a whole lot of time.
    Really good for dipping into coffee too.

I've also made AhBee's Pumpkin Crunch Cake (w/o the whipped topping)- people loved it!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by