Holiday stress

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Queen Scoot, Sep 1, 2009.

1. Queen Scoot

Queen Scoot Crochet Chieftess

May 27, 2008
    HOOKERVILLE!!!
    yep,that time of year is fast approaching,where everything seems to be in a whirlwind and stress is 10000000x more it seems...
    Just wondering how y'all deal with the stress of the holidays??
    i have already started making christmas gifts and started shopping in August. i try to do it early that way i dont have to "fight the crowds" so to speak.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2009
  2. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

LOL...I am working on Chicken-christmas cards this week and have already started my shopping and stocking up on baking supplies [​IMG]

3. ChickenToes

ChickenToes Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2008
    NE Wisconsin
    I'm making a lot of gifts this year instead of buying them, and I've already started a list of possible things to make. I deal with the stress by getting everything done ahead of time (all gifts purchased and wrapped in November, cookie dough frozen ahead of time) and then sitting back and enjoying the holidays.

4. Queen Scoot

May 27, 2008
    HOOKERVILLE!!!
    Quote:ooo i need to stock up on baking supplies!! thanks!!

5. Holly O

Holly O Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    Bergen Norway
    Ohhhh Boy.

You had to remind me ...lol

Not only are the holidays fast approaching but all 5 if my kids birthdays are in the fall!

But yes I pick up things here and their through the year. Unfortunately I sometimes forget where I pt them ...lol and will find them the next year ... opppps!

6. Queen Scoot

May 27, 2008
    HOOKERVILLE!!!
    I seriously can not believe that we are already in September!! Where did the year go???

7. Ec_Prokta

Ec_Prokta Continuum Shift Anomaly

Jan 14, 2009
    Hmm... Honestly, I go shopping sometime around the 15th. At the mall. And I STILL manage to find everything. [​IMG]

But yeah, all the stress is kinda... pointless. I mean, you're stressing over if Uncle Harry likes your gift. If Uncle Harry was gracious, he would accept it without complaint! So you're just stressing over if the giftee is going to be rude! If they're rude, why should they get a gift?

And the Christmas decorations at Thanksgiving... UGH!

Sorry for ranting.

8. SarahFair

SarahFair Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2008
    Monroe, Ga
    Stress?
    Oh how I love the holidays
    [​IMG]
    Oh how I love the crowds
    [​IMG]
    Oh how I love the shopping
    [​IMG]
    Oh how I love the smells
    [​IMG]
    Oh how I love the decorating
    [​IMG]
    Oh how I love the baking
    [​IMG]
    Oh how I love the wrapping
    [​IMG]
    Oh how I love the family times
    [​IMG]
    Oh how I love EVERYTHING
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 1, 2009
  9. ohiofarmgirl

ohiofarmgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2009
    its so funny that you posted this.. i've been taking my best gal friend off the ledge. her extended family is ALREADY arguing about who's house they are going to be at for the holidays! and everyone is ALREADY bent all our of shape! hee hee hee

as for my xmas presents everyone i know is getting the same thing:

FRESH FARM EGGS!

10. lovemychix

lovemychix Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 14, 2008
    Moulton Iowa
    I like it all! It is all worth it when you have 2 happy children Christmas morning. They get so excited. Last year Santa even brought the chickens a big bag of Scratch grains and alfalfa blocks. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by