Holiday treats for your animals?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by chicknmania, Nov 27, 2008.

1. chicknmania

chicknmania Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 26, 2007
    central Ohio
    Does anyone spoil their animals over the Holidays? Besides us, that is? Our chickens had chopped cranberries, apples, leftover hamburger casserole, and pizza. Hedwig (still on the nest) had her Thanksgiving dinner before anyone else...one small slice chopped cheese pizza, one half slice bread. (she was starving...babies due tomorrow!) The dog had two tbsp filet mignon canned dogfood mixed with her regular prescription dry food today. Cats will have chopped boiled turkey innards. Guinea pigs...carrots and apples. Wild birds; suet and peanut butter. Our chickens will have mealworms for their Christmas present (hard to buy enough for them all), and our dog will get a Greenie chew bone; cats, catnip and store bought cat treats, guinea pigs, guineapig treats from the petstore.

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I made applesauce this morning and used 12 apples. The birds got the peeling and the cores and all other parts cut off. That is A LOT of apple. They were very happy.

3. ams3651

ams3651 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    NE PA
    my chickens got a nice big (half frozen) pumpkin this morning

4. kinnip

kinnip Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2008
    Carrollton, GA
    I'm a dreadful mommy. I spoil mine everyday. They got more catfish today. I have a roo who's staying in the house right now. He's had all kinds of crazy stuff, from banana to dropped macaroni noodles.

5. hoosier

hoosier Chillin' With My Peeps

My chooks had mostly thawed pumpkin and the dogs got bread with meatjuices, an egg I dropped, and a tin of cat food.

6. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    My chickens got some fruit cocktail from the fridge ( I was cleaning it out). The dogs fot some chicken flavored rice (also from fridge cleaning...needed to make room [​IMG] ). Oh yeah, and the chickens got a can of pumkin that I was thinking was too old...looked just fine after I opened it, but I didn't have enough crusts left to make another one! [​IMG]

7. lovemychix

lovemychix Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 14, 2008
    Moulton Iowa
    I hosted a dinner for 30+ people including kids that do not eat their dinner and want to snack all afternoon on junk. [​IMG] So my chickens ate so many leftovers that they almost couldn't get on their roost tonight and looked like their crops were going to pull them over. [​IMG]

8. lovemychix

lovemychix Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 14, 2008
    Moulton Iowa
    I gave mine some oysters that I found that were outdated and boy o boy...chickens love oysters. [​IMG]

9. hoosier

hoosier Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:[​IMG]

The visual that brings to mind...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by