Holla from Colorado!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by LyonsFerocious, Mar 21, 2013.

1. LyonsFerocious

LyonsFerocious New Egg

Mar 19, 2013
    Lakewood, Co
    Always one to follow directions, I am here to introduce myself. And because that makes me nervous, I am using the template!

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

We are very much new to chickens! My partner and I moved from a 700sqft very old house right downtown in Denver to a bigger (but still small) house on a very big plot of land on just the other side of the county line in Lakewood, Co this past September. I have long had urban homesteading fantasies and have been trying to convince my partner to add some chickens to our motley crew for months! After some additional persuasion from a chicken-keeping friend, she relented!
    We purchased our first four chicks this past Monday and aren't even out of our first week yet!

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
    We purchased our four chicks at a local feed and farm store.

(3) What breeds do you have?
    We have one gold 'star' (I believe they are also just called sex link hybrids?), one black star, a brown leghorn and a silver laced wyandotte. We essentially asked for 'one of each' of the best layers that our farm store was carrying.

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?

Google!

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

I'm a trained classical singer, so I spend a lot of time on music. In addition, I garden, read voraciously, and do a lot of writing for local publications

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
    In addition to our new friends, we are also home to three dogs: an english bulldog named Cletus, a springer spaniel who is finally moving into calm old age - Eliot, and a very old, blind, deaf but still spunky bichon frise!

Excited to be here and learn more!

2. liz9910

liz9910 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 8, 2012
    Northern California
    [​IMG]
    Great intro!

3. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, LyonsFerocious, and [​IMG]! Pleased you joined us! Best of luck to you and your poultry!!

4. Mr MKK FARMS

Mr MKK FARMS Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Sep 27, 2012
    Welcome to BYC!! [​IMG] Glad you joined us!! [​IMG]

5. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by