holland lop peanut? or not?

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by babyrnlc, Nov 16, 2011.

1. babyrnlc

babyrnlc Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2011
    Tulsa, Ok
    Well, I was sure we had a peanut (Ebony had a peanut her first litter). I am starting to think that maybe it is just a runt. It is not that much smaller than the others, and the back end seems to be normal, the eyes are a little bulgy, but not like the other one. Also it is an active little thing. It moves all over your hand looking for food, The tummy was not as big as the other bunnies this morning, so we brought in mom and laid her on her back while it ate. The thing was all over the place, one nipple for a bit and then moved. It took all of them and then finally seemed to calm down with a fat tummy. I do not rememer our other peanut being that active.

Here are some pictures. What do you think?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Inkheart

Inkheart Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 15, 2010
    Columbus Ohio
    Sort of just looks like a runt to me?

3. SueSteeves

SueSteeves Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2010
    Southern California
    I vote runt, not peanut.

4. stone_family3

stone_family3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2011
    Ohio
    My Belldandy had a little bunny like yours. She had four: one huge, two normal and one tiny. After a few weeks they all evened out. Adorable little guy [​IMG]

5. Duckchick2011

Duckchick2011 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2011
    Louisiana
    He looks like a healthy wittle runt to me [​IMG]

6. babyrnlc

babyrnlc Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2011
    Tulsa, Ok
    "Peanut" the runt did not make it. He died this morning at 6 days. We were giving him feeds (mom on her back) 2-3 times a day, but it just got weaker and weaker. Never really grew.

I wonder if you can have a peanut that has the digestive problems, but not the other deformities? It just never got bigger.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by