holland lop peanut? or not?

babyrnlc

Songster
8 Years
Jan 30, 2011
Tulsa, Ok
Well, I was sure we had a peanut (Ebony had a peanut her first litter). I am starting to think that maybe it is just a runt. It is not that much smaller than the others, and the back end seems to be normal, the eyes are a little bulgy, but not like the other one. Also it is an active little thing. It moves all over your hand looking for food, The tummy was not as big as the other bunnies this morning, so we brought in mom and laid her on her back while it ate. The thing was all over the place, one nipple for a bit and then moved. It took all of them and then finally seemed to calm down with a fat tummy. I do not rememer our other peanut being that active.

Here are some pictures. What do you think?

Image1-1.jpg

Image3-1.jpg

Image4-1.jpg

Image5.jpg

Image6-1.jpg

Image7-1.jpg

My Belldandy had a little bunny like yours. She had four: one huge, two normal and one tiny. After a few weeks they all evened out. Adorable little guy
smile.png

"Peanut" the runt did not make it. He died this morning at 6 days. We were giving him feeds (mom on her back) 2-3 times a day, but it just got weaker and weaker. Never really grew.

I wonder if you can have a peanut that has the digestive problems, but not the other deformities? It just never got bigger.

Back
Top Bottom