1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Holly, Lisa, and Lexa's Egg Hatching Thread...TAKE TWO!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Huny, Apr 26, 2009.

1. Huny

Huny Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2008
    Sunny Southern Arizona
    Since we all had horrible hatches last time we are going to start again. I have eggs coming in Wed, Holly has eggs coming in this week, and Lisa is ALWAYS having eggs coming in, So we are going to start a new thread. This time let's hope we have more luck. Anyone else? Starting on Wed or Thursday this week?

2. hollymh

hollymh *A Scrambled Egg*

Feb 8, 2009
    Texas
    YAY! got some eggies coming today(thank you Miss Prissy), and 3 more sets coming in Wed. & Thurs this week! I will be setting some Tues. and then 24 hours after each set arrives for the whole week lol [​IMG]

I also have 3 pure gamefowl my neighbor gave me to test hatch on Day 2!!! [​IMG]

If ya can't tell I had to buy me another bator [​IMG]

3. Lil_Chickadee

Lil_Chickadee Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 11, 2009
    WV
    I'll be doing my first experience with hatching starting Tuesday or Wednesday. [​IMG]

4. Huny

Nov 14, 2008
    Sunny Southern Arizona
    Who hoo [​IMG] Add one more to the list. We're gonna have to think of a name for us, adding everyone's first name to the top is going to get LONG.

5. Huny

Nov 14, 2008
    Sunny Southern Arizona
    Holly, I dont think you want to have them all 24 hours apart. I might be wrong here. Anyone else know for sure? I thought we needed them farther apart.

6. hollymh

Feb 8, 2009
    Texas
    Quote:I have two bators, only 2 sets to a bator so that would mean that one bator would have chicks around a 48 period and then the other 72-96 hrs later. This way the chicks can all stay in b/c they will hatch within 24 hrs of each other in each bator... Does that make sense? lol

7. Huny

Nov 14, 2008
    Sunny Southern Arizona
    Oh wasn't thinking of two bators [​IMG] Gotcha

8. BellLisamo

BellLisamo Diagnosed w/ Muscovitis

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    Quote:haha ALWAYS?!?!??! because you buy them for me!!!!!! [​IMG]

9. hollymh

Feb 8, 2009
    Texas
    Ok so I set 9 duck eggs, they are runners,mallards and campbells just now so 28-29 days from now hopefully we have babaies!!! [​IMG]

I have 3 pure game fowl in that are on day 2ish... Miss P's eggs go in soon as well which she has told me are some bbs orps, some red project eggs and some f2 red orp project eggs and possibly a white wyandotte x orp egg! [​IMG]

Then I have Blue/Black Cayugas, crested rouens and Campbells, more cayugas and some welsh Harlequins going in on Thur. or Fri. all of them are from BYCers. [​IMG]

It's going to be busy at my house in a month or so [​IMG]

10. BellLisamo

BellLisamo Diagnosed w/ Muscovitis

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    oh boy! i hope everyone has a great hatch this time

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by