Hollywood Chicken Star...

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by jcbydesign, Feb 1, 2011.

1. jcbydesign

jcbydesign Out Of The Brooder

Sep 21, 2010
    Portland, OR
    Yesterday, my barred rock was in a TV commercial. She had to sit on a mechanical 'nest' where an egg rolled down a chute and activated a bunch of mechanical stuff. She is a natural star! [​IMG] All the noise, moving cameras and people and she was perfect. A natural...LOL! Very long day and by the end she had garnered a host of chicken lovers. [​IMG] If I get any still shots I'll post.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2011
  2. Wisher1000

Wisher1000 Bama Biddy

Wow! How exciting! How did that come about? Was there an open audition? Did you respond to an ad? What was the ad for? Just curious...

3. TigerLilly

TigerLilly I failed Chicken Math

Jul 18, 2010
    Central Florida
    Was it a local commercial or will the rest of us be able to see it on YouTube?
    Congrats!

4. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Lucky gal!

5. Pinky

Pinky Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2008
    South GA
    That's so cool. Your chicken is a star! What was the commercial for?

6. awesomefowl

awesomefowl Argues with Goats

Which ad?

7. jcbydesign

jcbydesign Out Of The Brooder

Sep 21, 2010
    Portland, OR
    My son-in-law works for an ad agency. They needed a chicken and asked him if I'd let them use one of mine. Since Blackie is my grandson's favorite I took her. I don't know which car dealership it is for. I am going to try to get a print to post and when I hear when it will be airing I'll post that info, too. ( Right now Blackie is on the couch, snuggling with my grandson. Sooo cute.) I never would have believed that I could not only love chickens but that they could have such cute and different personalities... actually, who knew they had personalities? I am hooked..[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by