Holocaust Museum shooting ^update^ she wasn't there :)

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by TriciaHowe, Jun 10, 2009.

1. TriciaHowe

TriciaHowe Mother Hen

Nov 11, 2008
    Trenton, FL
    My dd left for DC Sunday night with her safety patrol trip. They went to the National Monument and Arlington National Cemetary yesterday. Today they were at the Holocaust Museum during the shooting. Thankfully they are all safe and accounted for. There are 13 charter buses full of kids from my county there. Each one has at least one police officer and a paramedic on it traveling with the group. I received an email from the group leader that everyone was safe and sound before I had even heard about it on the TV. I am so sorry for the security guard that was killed and thankful that none of our kids were hurt. I am sure I will hear about it tonight when I talked to her on the phone.
    Now I just want her home so I can give her a hug!!! [​IMG]

UPDATE!! Heard from her group that they were not in the museum when this happened. I was so happy to hear this I could do a happy dance!!!
    This is a picture of her from the day they arrived. She is the shortest (2nd from right)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 10, 2009
  2. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    I haven't had the tv on nor do i get the paper... this just happened today? wow.

So very thankful that all the children are ok. It'd probably be a good idea to talk about feelings tonight. I'm sure it's traumatic even if they did not witness anything...they were still there and part of something big and traumatic.

hugs,
    gretchen

3. Stumpy

Stumpy Songster

Apr 15, 2008
    So thankful your dd is okay! They're reporting it's an elderly American veteran gone racist.

4. ksacres

ksacres At Your Service

Nov 16, 2007
    San Antonio TX
    [​IMG]

Glad your dd is ok!

5. astylishgirl

astylishgirl Animal Lover Supreme

Apr 27, 2009
    Beaumont, Texas
    OMG... my daughter was just there a few weeks ago. You must have been terrified. Thank God she is safe!

6. warmfuzzies

warmfuzzies Songster

Feb 15, 2009
    Boondocks, Colorado
    Oh, That is horrible! I diddnt even know about it!

7. poultryhaven

poultryhaven Addicted to Seramas!

Jan 19, 2009
    Ocala, FL
    O God if i were you i would have freaked and i don't even have kids. I'm just a teen. Thank God she's alright [​IMG]

8. chixie

chixie Songster

Apr 6, 2009
    kountze texas
    I amso glad she is ok... I have 3 children and couldn't imagine what you are feeling

9. Rolsjo

Rolsjo Songster

May 18, 2009
    Maine
    Oh, how awful! I am so glad to ear that your daughter is safe. I didn't even know this had happened until I saw your post.

10. rebbetzin

rebbetzin Songster

Apr 4, 2008
    Tucson AZ
    That is very sad. I am so thankful there were not more people injured. And I am thankful your daughter was not hurt.

Be prepared for many more of these things in the future. You can be assured this is just the beginning of sorrows. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 10, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: