Holy Brain Fart Batman

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by aidensmomma, Oct 2, 2013.

1. aidensmomma

aidensmomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2011
    North Central Florida
    Ever have those days??? I am in the process of lockdown for my second hatch ever...and since my first one was successful (due to the rock star advice from this forum) i did everything the same but couldn't shake the feeling that I was forgetting something...needless to say, when the humidity wouldn't raise, it took me an hour and a half to realize I hadn't filled the reservoirs in the bottom of the incubator. sheesh. so hopefully now that they are all settled in i can stop worrying about it. and I'm hoping that i didn't ruin the whole hatch by messing around with stuff for an hour and a half. No ones pipped yet so I think I'm okay. [​IMG]

2. Larwoodgal

Larwoodgal New Egg

Oct 28, 2009
    Good luck, Aidensmomma, my eggs are in lockdown too, due tomorrow. My first successful hatch had a low thrive rate because *I* lost track of the humidity. Crossing my fingers and watching the humidity like a hawk!

3. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Good luck on the hatch! I can't say I've really ever paid much attention to humidity, I find temp way more important in the damp PNW.

1 person likes this.
  4. aidensmomma

aidensmomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2011
    North Central Florida
    Thanks all :) Good luck to you too! I never thought I'd be this nervous about hatching eggs. [​IMG] Sometimes I just have to sit back and relax and think things through for a minute...when I did that this time, I realized that last hatch I used 2 incubators and had one at temp with correct humidity before I even locked down the eggs... this time, i kept them in the same incubator and just took them out of the turner at lock down. everyones fine now, a few wiggles here and there with a nice temp of 99-100 and humidity at 60%.
    Cheers to new babies tomorrow and Friday!

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by