HOLY COW!! I mean egg!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by henmommy, Dec 14, 2008.

1. henmommy

henmommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2008
    Upstate NY
    Have you ever seen an egg this big from a chicken?[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

2. WOW.... Did you crack it yet? You might want to blow out the contents and save that baby! I wonder if it's a double yoker...

3. henmommy

henmommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2008
    Upstate NY
    I have not cracked it yet. It's been years since I've blown one out. How should I do that? I am thinking double-yoker too! This BO typically lays an x=large, so I believe she's the one that laid this one.

4. sunnydee

sunnydee Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2008
    Maine
    That egg came from a chicken?? Holy cow is right! It must be a double yoker!!

5. setter4

setter4 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    Central Pennsylvania
    WOW! At least a double for sure. I would not try to blow it. If you're like me you'll pop your ear drums out!!!! Get a big syringe and poke holes in both ends and use the syringe to suck the contents out. SOOOOO much easier!

6. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    to blow it out, just use a large needle to poke a hole at top and bottom. insert the needle and break up the yolk.

blow onto the top and the contents will come out. catch with a bowl.

it can be hard, so don't pass out! [​IMG]

7. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    Quote:okay, where were you like a two weeks ago when i was blowing out eggs???

this is a great idea!!!!

8. setter4

setter4 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    Central Pennsylvania
    Quote:okay, where were you like a two weeks ago when i was blowing out eggs???

this is a great idea!!!!

I can't take credit... a friend suggested it to me after I blew my stupid brains out!! [​IMG]

9. CK Chickadilly

CK Chickadilly Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2008
    West Michigan
    I just got one like that yesterday! I had to of hurt! [​IMG] I will post it in another so I don't hyjack! Wow! Congratulations on the dinosaur egg! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by