Holy Cow! SINGING WORKS!!!!! URGENT MESSAGE 4 ALL ROO OWNERS!!!!

Sebrite_97

In the Brooder
10 Years
Aug 31, 2009
Jacksonville Fl.
Yesterday, my brother got into the Halloween box and took out an old werewolf costume and put it on. he thought it would be a great idea to put it on and go into the chicken coop. hang on. let me get this outta the way.
he.gif
he.gif
he.gif
he.gif
rant.gif
somad.gif
Much better, now were waz i, o yah. So now the perfectly fine roo that took months to get nice is now the biggest JERK U can imagine! HE LITTERALLY TRIED TO KILL ME 3 TIMES TODAY. Earlier today though, I realized somethin while over there. Allmost all animals like calm sounds! I ran in and immediatly skooped up the roo and went to sit in the pen. I started humming Amazing Grace ( I know. its cheesy. ) and for some reason, he calmed down and stopped squirming around. After about five minutes, I noticed his head started to relax, more and more and more! Then his head started to fall down so I put my arm up and he rested on it, and closed his eyes! He went to sleep! Then i was able to let him just lay in my lap without me holding him!!! I deepley urge all people with roosters that are mean to give it a shot and let me know how it works out!!! GOOD LUCK!
big_smile.png

You wanna come try that with mine?? I'm about to give him a shot too, then join the others under the chair. Attacked me twice today and I've saved his butt three times when we were dressing out the others for the freezer cause he was so sweet. That's what happens when you remove the competition I guess.

As a kid we raised cattle and we would leave an old radio on low for the animals in the barn... it helps keep them calm and not so antsy if someone were to just walk in and start blabbing or being loud... I would not see why this would be any different for a roo or hen... I know when I go into the coop I greet them all in the same tone and they flock to me.. even if to peck the dirt off my shoes...

Will work for any chicken. We kept chicks in the house over the winter once; they'd lost their mom. I used to sing them to sleep, classic lullabye. Worked like a charm.
smile.png

FIRST THING tomorrow morning, I'm going to try this on Chuck, our BR roo from hell, who has turned into the neighborhood menace, and who is the sole reason my son's friends want to sit on the couch and play the DS, instead of running around in the yard. Chuck is THIS CLOSE to becoming Sunday dinner, and this will likely be his last chance. Wish him luck! (And thanks for the great idea! I'm going to sing him a German lullaby my mom used to sing to me:) )

i have a young roo that was getting testy, so a friend suggested every nite to hold him in my lap in front of the girls and just pet him, now i'll add amazing grace to that- he has mellowed out alot in three days....

Back
Top Bottom