1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

HOLY COW! They went BaNaNaS for bananas!!!!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by SIMPleChick, Jun 19, 2011.

1. SIMPleChick

SIMPleChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2011
    Utah
    I tried feeding my little flock bananas when they were little and they wanted NOTHING to do with them...so I didn't think that they LIKED bananas....I went outside just now, eating a banana and decided to see if they would like the last little inch of my banana. (Cause they came running when they saw me....) THEY WENT CRAZY!!!!! That little piece and the soft inside of the peel was gone in seconds flat and they pecked at my fingers so I decided to share a whole banana with them. HOLY COW!!!!

My fingers STILL hurt! All 11 of my babies ate it like it was their last meal......After the banana was gone they pecked the goo off my fingers and then tried to eat...my fingers! Then they looked at me like I was holding out on them....they totally wanted more. It was SOOOO funny. I now know exactly what to give them when I want to be on their good side! HAHAHA

I totally have to take pictures next time..... [​IMG]

2. ginger c.

ginger c. Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2011
    Alabama
    wow, that's amazing ours totally hated bananas the first two times we tried to share, maybe it's worth another go!

3. TheSpiceGirls

TheSpiceGirls Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 6, 2010
    Bay Area, CA
    I have this HUGE Jersey Giant who we now call Naners because she LOVES banana. She sees me with some and comes running and jumps to get at it ahead of anyone else.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by