Holy Cow!

Mar 26, 2020
Southern Vermont
I couldn’t believe it when i was browsing the cackle site. 3850.00 for a pair of swans!!!! Is that a going rate for these? I had never looked before.
B6684131-2A9C-4929-862B-B2F61E2B59CF.png

I couldn’t believe it when i was browsing the cackle site. 3850.00 for a pair of swans!!!! Is that a going rate for these? I had never looked before. View attachment 2523293
I've never seen them for sale for that much, if you're planning on getting a pair I wouldn't get them there. You should be able to find them for around $600-$800 per adult bird. Even less for yearlings. https://www.softbillsforsale.com/swans/black-swans.asp
Here is a site with lots of people listing them for sale.

I just love swans--this is the mute swan who lived in a pond at my Mom's retirement village....He had a mate and they hatched a bunch of cygnets one year.

swan.jpg

She was so happy to watch them each day, and then, the management had the breeder come take them---saying they traded them for a group of 'various ducks!!' My mom was aghast, she said, "Don't you know that swans are worth a LOT more than ducks???? Every year a newspaper will post a list of the gifts in the 12 Days of Christmas Song, and what it would cost today, and last year, I think they said "Seven Swans-A-Swimming — Cost: $13,125. Yikes! These birds rank as the most expensive gift on the list" We don't know what kind of swans, of course.
Anyway, their reply to her was, well do you know anyone who wants them?? I think YES! She could have said, my daughter will come get them and take them to her farm in MO!
Anyway, after that, the female died, and left the male all alone. Last year, the village decided to construct a new building where the swan pond was, and now the male is gone too....tho there are still black neck swans in the big lake bordering the village.
black necks.jpg

Back
Top Bottom