1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Holy crap. I got ducks (and tiny chicks, too.)

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by KougleMom, Feb 27, 2017.

1. KougleMom

KougleMom Out Of The Brooder

Jul 22, 2014
    Washington State
    Hello!
    I was a dummy (or maybe I'm just that cool!) and went to a poultry swap and of course came home with more animals. I got some baby chicks and I got some ducks! These are my first ducks ever and I am looking for any advice or info you think is important. I believe they are muscoveys, there are 3 of them, I'm told they are 1 boy and 2 girls. I did not take pics yet but I promise to post them when I do. Please overwhelm me with anything I need to know! Thank you!

2. TLWR

TLWR Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    southern AL
    check out the duck stickies - lots of good info in there

3. DuckMadness

DuckMadness Out Of The Brooder

Feb 26, 2017
    Duckling forum? I ask cause I am too a new duck owner and am looking for as much advice possible.

4. TLWR

TLWR Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    southern AL
  5. Batduck46

Batduck46 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2017
    With my family
    Congrats on the ducklings! Yes, pictures are a must!!! (I mean, who doesn't show off their newest family members?!) Oh, also check out the threads @TLWR recommended. They are really helpful

6. chickens really

chickens really Overrun With Chickens

@Miss Lydia

7. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2017
  8. KougleMom

KougleMom Out Of The Brooder

Jul 22, 2014
    Washington State
    Here's a pic of the newbies! They are fast little scooters, aren't they!?! And they took themselves for a walk down the street as well. We're told that the one closest in in the picture, with the white chest, is the drake. Still unnamed at this time. I am so excited to have gotten ducks!

[​IMG]

9. chickens really

chickens really Overrun With Chickens

No picture?....:(

10. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    @KougleMom they need some kind of fencing for their own protection stray dogs [even our own dogs] foxes coyotes raccoon weasel all love duck dinner also hawks and owls will dine on them. And this is just naming a few predators.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by